How To Update Canon Pixma Drivers? [A Complete Guide]
If you are a user of the Canon Pixma printer, then it is essential to keep the drivers up to date. It can help you to solve several printer related problems like ‘Printer not working’.
Furthermore, an updated driver, as well as the system, helps to keeps the device running and enhance the performance as well.
If you are unaware of how to update Canon Pixma drivers, then you can go through the section hereunder to avoid any further hassle.
Canon Pixma Drivers Update [2 Easy Hacks]
You can update the drivers of your Canon Pixma printer in two different ways, which are described in the below:
Method 1: Using Device Manager
You can update the driver of your Canon Pixma printer from the Device Manager. To do this, you can have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Run Command box by pressing the R and Windows key both at the same time.
- Afterward, type “devmgmt” in the Run box and hit the Enter key from the keyboard. It will navigate you to the Device Manager window.
Note: You can also open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu and then choosing the ‘Device Manager’ option from the list.
- Navigate to the ‘Print Queues’ category and then search for the name of your printer. Once you get that, right-click on it and click on the ‘Click Update Driver’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Search Automatically’ option. It will start to search for the available driver automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds until the process is running. Once it detects the latest version, it will start to download and install that automatically.
- After completing the downloading process, you can restart the computer and check if the driver is now updated.
Method 2: Using the Official Website of Canon
If you are unable to perform the first method, then you can update the driver from the official website of Canon. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- In the beginning, visit the official website of Canon.
- Scroll down the page and then tap on the Support tab.
- Choose the Printers option from the ‘Browse by Product’ type.
- Now, you will see the list of the PIXMA series printers. Choose the printer that you are using.
- Tap on the ‘Drivers & Downloads’ option from the next page.
- Click on the drop-down button of the ‘Operating System’ tab to expand the list and then choose the Windows version that you are using.
- Afterward, tap on the SELECT button by going to the ‘Optional Driver(s)’ tab. Then, tap on the Download button.
- If you are not sure how to download and install the driver, then you can click on the ‘How to Download and Install’ option to check the tutorial.
Now, wait for a few seconds and once the updating process completes, restart both the printer and computer to apply the changes.
How to Know that your Printer’s Driver Needs an Update?
You can check if your computer or printer whether the driver is outdated and needs an update. Here’s how to do this:
- First, establish the connection of the printer with the system.
- Afterward, go to the Start menu and then type “windows update” in the search bar.
- Next, tap on the ‘Check for updates’ button.
Now, you will know if the printer’s driver needs an update or if it is already using the latest version.