How To Setup HP Officejet Pro 8710
HP Officejet Pro 8710 is a compact and attractive Officejet printer that offers amazing printing quality and convenient to use from anywhere. To use all of its exceptional features, the first thing is that you have to set up the device properly.
If you are unaware of the setting process, then nothing to get worried about this. Here we are about to discuss a step-by-guide on how to setup an HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 8710:
To set up your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer, you can have a look at the steps described below:
Step 1: Unbox the Printer
First, remove the device from the box. Remove all the tape and packing materials from the outer surface of the device. Afterward, remove the film from the Control Panel of the device.
Next, lift the scanner lid and then remove all the packing material from the scanner glass. Now, you can close the scanner lid of the printer.
Step 2: Attach the Power Cable and Set your Preferences
After unboxing the device, connect the power cable to the printer and attach the other end to the power outlet. Turn the device on.
Thereafter, you have to set your preferences on the Control Panel of the device. Select your preferred language and then set the region/country. Tap on the Yes button to confirm the choices.
Step 3: Load the Paper into the Paper Tray
Now, load the A4 or plain U.S. letter into the paper tray of the device. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, remove the paper tray. Then, remove the packing materials from the inside of the tray.
- Load the paper into the paper tray with the print side down and short edge forward.
- Now, keep pushing the stack into the paper tray until it is set properly.
- Afterward, push the paper width guides until they hold against the sides of the paper.
- Next, insert the tray into the device.
Step 4: Install the Ink Cartridges
Once you load the paper into the paper tray, install the ink cartridges by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the access door of the ink cartridge.
- Wait for a few seconds until the cartridges stop moving.
- Afterward, insert the ink cartridges into the ink slot properly.
- Now, you can close the access door of the ink cartridges.
Now, the device will start the initialization process. At this time, the device may make noises. Once the process finishes, it will print an alignment page.
Step 5: Install the Printer Software
The HP Officejet Pro 8710 setup is now completed. So, you can install the printer software. Download the newest version of printing software for your HP printer from the official website of HP.
Note: Don’t try to connect the device with your computer until it is instructed by the printing software.
You can download the HP Officejet Pro 8710 driver software from 123.hp.com/OJ8710.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting
Some users report that they are facing several errors while setting up the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer with the computer. In this situation, the installer fails to identify and detect the device and displays the following errors:
- Printer Not Found
- No devices Found
- Unable to find the Printer
- Your Printer could not be found on your Wireless Network
If you are encountering the errors mentioned above, then you can perform the following hacks to diagnose and solve the issue while setting up the printer hardware and Driver/software.
Method 1: Try to Connect the Printer with the Network Wirelessly
You can solve these errors by connecting the device to the network manually. To do this, you can follow the steps given below:
- The latest version of HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer has the Wireless Setup Wizard tool on their Text Navigation Control Panel. You can access this tool through Wireless, Network, or Setup Menu. This tool allows the users to enter or select the SSID and password to gain connection access to the network.
- If the SSID and password are hidden, then you will be asked to enter them manually. Hence, collect the SSID and password from the document sent with the printer. Enter them in the specific field and then connect the computer wirelessly.
- Now, remove all the wired connections including Ethernet cable connection and USB from the device.
- Afterward, go to the Wireless Setup Wizard through Wireless, Network, or Setup menu on the touch Control Panel of the device.
- Now, connect the printer with your desired network by following the on-screen prompts.
After performing the above steps, if you see that the printer is still not connected to the network, then you can keep trying the troubleshooting hacks provided below.
Method 2: Using HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP Print and Scan Doctor is a tool designed to diagnose the scanning and printing problems easily. For that, you need to follow the steps stated below:
- Visit the official website of HP and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Next, open the app and click on the Start button from the Welcome Screen.
- Find the model name of your printer. If you see that your printer is not listed there, then tap on the ‘My Product is not listed’ option. Then, tap on the Retry button.
- Now, choose the ‘Highlight your Printer’ option and then tap on the Next button from the bottom of the screen.
- If it detects any problems, then select the mode of connection to the device. Afterward, perform the on-screen guidance and tap on the Retry button.
Method 3: Disable Firewall Software
Usually, the Windows Firewall software is installed on the system to thwart and block any unwanted attacks from malicious software. It can stop communication with network printers. HP Print and Scan Doctor come with the ability to disable this software temporarily.
How to Disable Windows Firewall Using HP Print and Scan Doctor?
To do this, you can follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool and then tap on the Network button from the upper pane of the screen.
- Choose the ‘Troubleshooting Firewalls’ option from the list.
- Afterward, disable the active firewall software from the list of Firewall Name.
- Now, you have to perform the installation of HP driver and software once again.
- Once you complete the installation process, change the settings like Open ports, trusted Zones, Security Levels to set up the communication between the device and HP Software.
- Thereafter, you can enable the firewall once again from the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
Method 4: Reinstall the Driver and Software
If the drivers and software are not installed properly or if they got damaged, you may face problems while performing the installation process. You can solve this by uninstalling the driver and software and then reinstalling them. Here’s how to do this:
- If you are using wired connection mode, then pull out the USB cable.
- Open the Control Panel and go to the ‘Programs and Features’ category.
- Search for the HP Printer Name and tap on the Uninstall button.
- Afterward, restart the system and turn the printer On.
- Next, go to the official website of HP and choose your printer from the list of the printer.
- Download the HP driver and software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Complete the installation process by following the on-screen guidance.
These are the overall information on how to setup HP Officejet Pro 9710.