HP Officejet 8100 Setup: A Complete Guide
HP Officejet 8100 is a well-known all-in-one printer. These days printers are not only used for printing purposes but also for scanning, copying, sending documents and so on.
After purchasing a printer, you have to be aware of the HP Officejet 8100 setup to enjoy its advanced features and functions. Thus, we are here with an effective and exact guide that can help you to accomplish the process.
Effective Ways to Setup HP Officejet 8100
Below discussed are the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to set up the HP Officejet 8100 printer.
Set HP Officejet 8100 Printer with a Windows Computer
Here are the steps that you need to follow to set up the HP Officejet 8100 Printer with your Windows computer.
Step 1: Prepare For Installation
At first, you need to collect the following information:
- Network Name: Most of the time it is Service Set Identifier (SSID).
- Collect the network password and check whether your device is connected to the wireless network or not.
- Internet Access: HP needs broadband internet connection like cable or DSL.
- You should put your printer close to the computer at the time of installation.
- When the installer asks you to attach the USB cable, then just install it.
Check whether the printer, router, and computer are all On or not. After that, connect the computer and printer to the same WiFi network.
If any Ethernet cables or USB cables are attached to your printer, then just disconnect them one by one.
Step 2: Install the Driver and Set the Connection
To install the driver and set the connection, follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, your printer needs to be On.
- After that, if any USB cables are attached to your printer, then just disconnect them. Sometimes, the software installation might ask you to attach the cable.
- Then, visit the HP Customer Support and click on the ‘Software and Driver Downloads’ option.
- If you find the “Let’s identify your product to get started” page, then select the Printer option. After that, enter your printer model number and then, click on the Submit option.
- Sometimes, you might need to change the Operating System. Then, go to the Change option and click on the version you are using. Select the Change option.
- In the end, if you want a full software package, then go to the Driver Heading option. After that, select the Download option. For the other driver options, select the Basic Drivers option.
Set HP Officejet 8100 Printer with Mac
Here are the steps that you need to follow to set up the HP Officejet 8100 Printer with your Mac device.
Step 1: Prepare for Installation
Repeat the steps as mentioned under the Windows section.
Step 2: Install the Driver and Set Up the Connection
Follow the below-discussed steps to install the driver.
- At first, turn on your printer. Sometimes, your printer might be connected with a USB cable.
- Then, detach those cables from your printer one after another. If required, you might be asked to attach the cable.
- After that, visit the HP Customer Support and select the ‘Software and Driver Downloads’ option.
- When a “Let’s identify your product to get started” appears then, select the Printer option. After that, enter your printer model number and then, choose the Submit option.
- Sometimes, you might need to change the Operating System and then, select the Change option. After that, go to your version and click on the Change option.
- Next, go to the HP Easy Start option or the Full Feature Driver option and select the Download option.
- Now, start the installation process. For that, go to the Downloads folder option and click on the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file.
- Then, set up the printer connection and follow the on-screen instructions. Thereafter, install the software.
- Sometimes, you might be asked to add the printer to the printer queue, then select the name of the printer. After that, go to the Use or Print Using menu and click on your printer. Then, select the Add option.
- In the end, return to the HP installer to finish the installation procedure successfully.
Hopefully, applying the above steps appropriately might help you to set up the HP Officejet 8100 without any hassle.