How To Setup HP Deskjet 3700 Printer?
HP Deskjet 3700 printer is an all-in-one attractive and compact device that offers superb convenience and amazing print quality from anywhere at your office or home.
But, after purchasing a new HP Deskjet 3700 printer, the first thing, you have to do is set up the device properly.
If you are unaware of how to set up HP Deskjet 3700 printer, then you need the requisite steps to maintain its workability.
Setup HP Deskjet 3700 Printer
Here, we are going to discuss a step-by-step setup guide through which you can set up the HP Deskjet 3700 printer easily.
Before applying the below steps, you have to make sure that you have the following items:
- USB cable
- Adapter set and power cable
- Driver and software installation CD
HP Deskjet 3700 printer setup can be done in 2 parts, one is Hardware Setup and other is Software Setup. You have to perform the steps provided below.
Process 1: Hardware Setup
Follow the steps to perform Hardware Setup. Try not to skip any steps as it might lead to abrupt technical glitches.
First of all, you have to prepare the power cables. Stretch the cables by removing the twist ties around it. Afterward, connect the power cable into the power supply.
Locate the power port at the backside of the printer. Connect the power cable gently into the printer’s port based on the color code.
Locate the Power button of the printer on the top of the device. Press it and hold it for a few seconds. Now, you will see that numerous LED indicator starts to blink. Once this process finishes, you will hear a tone from the device.
Open the access door of the ink cartridge and then move the carriage to the middle of the device. Afterward, you have to install the ink cartridges. There are two cartridges that come with the printer, a tri-color, and a black.
Unpack both the ink cartridges and then set the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot of the device. After that, keep pushing it until it snaps into place.
Once the ink cartridges are installed properly, close the access door of the ink cartridges. Afterward, align the ink cartridges properly with the width adjustment guide.
Now, load the paper into the paper tray. Then, slide the width adjustment guide until the slide is stuck into the stack appropriately.
Process 2: Software Setup
After completing the above steps, you can install the driver and software from the CD that comes with the device. Or if you prefer, you also can do this by visiting the official website HP.
Here are the steps you can follow to perform the Software Setup:
Step 1: Install the Printer Software
First of all, open a browser on your computer. Then, visit the official website of HP and search for the latest version of driver and software. Once you get that, tap on the Download button to download the newest version of the printer driver.
Or, you can install the printer software using the CD. Insert the CD into the DVD drive and then perform the on-screen prompt to complete the installation process.
Now, wait for a few seconds. It will open a connect window. Don’t press the Continue button from the window.
Step 2: Restore the Printer to Default Wireless Settings
Perform the below steps to make sure that the broadcast connection gets accomplished through the auto wireless connect feature of HP:
- In the beginning, press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds. Press the ‘Start Copy Black button’ twice while holding the Power button.
- Afterward, don’t release the Power button and press the Cancel button thrice.
- Now, you can release the Power button. After a few seconds, you will see that the wireless LED indicator that is situated near to the wireless button starts to blink.
After doing this, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Installation
Perform the below steps to complete the installation process:
- Tap on the Continue button from the Connect window.
- Now, you see that the wireless LED indicator starts to blink. Check whether the power button is also bright.
- Next, perform the on-screen prompts until you will reach the Connection Options screen.
- Choose the Wireless connection type from the next screen.
- Afterward, you will get two options:
- HP Auto Wireless Connect: If you want a network check, gather the information about the network connection, then tap on the Yes and Next button.
- Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection: If the network fails to gather the network settings, then you can click on it. Afterward, connect a USB cable from the printer to the computer.
6. Lastly, perform the on-screen instructions to complete the process. It will navigate you to the Activation window.
Now, the setup procedure of your HP Deskjet 3700 printer is complete. So, exit from the setup window and enjoy printing.