Google Cloud Print Setup: A Complete Guide
After you set up your printer with your Google Cloud account, you will be able to print any document from your Android or Apple device. You can also print from the Chrome browser as well.
But, to use this feature, the first thing you have to do is perform a proper Google Cloud print setup. If you are unaware of how to do this, you can go through the section below and set up your printer with Google Cloud without any hassle.
How to Setup Google Cloud Print?
Here, we are about to discuss the simple steps through which you can set up the printer with Google Cloud easily. Hence, you can have a look at the steps provided below.
Before applying the below steps, confirm that you have:
- A wireless printer that is connected with a broadcast network.
- A computer where you can access the Chrome browser.
Step 1: Connect the Device to a Wireless Network
To connect your device with a broadcast network, you can perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, turn the printer On.
- Afterward, connect the device with the broadcast network. If you are unaware of the process, you can check the manual sent by the manufacturer.
- Now, turn the computer On. Lastly, connect the computer with the same wireless network in which the printer is connected.
Step 2: Check if the Device is Cloud-ready
To check this, first, visit the link cloud-ready printers page. Then, enter the model number of your printer in the search field to know the details.
- If the printer name has ‘v2’ at the end of the model name, then the printer is cloud-ready (version 2.0).
- If the printer doesn’t have ‘v2’ at the end of its name, then the printer is cloud-ready (version 1.0).
- If the printer you are using is not listed, then it is not cloud-ready. But, if you can connect it to the wireless network, then you can set up it with your Google Cloud account.
Step 3: Connect the Printer to Google Cloud Print
To connect the printer with the Google Cloud, you can perform the steps as follows:
Connect the Printer that is Not Cloud-ready:
- Go to the Start menu and then click on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon. Afterward, navigate to the Printing category.
- Now, add the device to the system.
- Afterward, open the Chrome browser and then type “chrome: //devices” in the search bar. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Tap on the ‘Add printers’ button by going to the ‘Classic Printers’ section.
- Now, choose the printer that you wish to share and tap on the ‘Add printer(s)’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Manage your printers’ option to check if the device is successfully added to the computer.
Connect a Cloud-ready Printer (2.0):
- First of all, open the Chrome browser.
- Afterward, type “chrome: //devices” in the search bar and then hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Next, tap on the Manage button and then click on the Register button from the ‘Confirm Registration’ box.
- Now, complete the registration process by following the on-screen guidance. Once you complete that, click on the OK or Register button.
- Lastly, visit the link google.com/cloudprint to check if the printer is now registered.
After performing the above steps, if you are still unable to print from Google Cloud, then you can perform the alternative method described below.
If the above steps do not help you to perform Google Cloud print setup, then you can perform the steps provided below:
First of all, connect the computer with the same network that your printer is using. Afterward, print a sheet for the network status. You will get the IP address of the printer on that sheet.
Now, open a web browser and then enter the IP address in the address bar. Then, hit the Enter to proceed. Click on the ‘Google Cloud Print Services’ option.
Note: If you are unable to get the ‘Google Cloud Print Services’ option, then restart the device. Afterward, if the option still does not appears, then tap on the ‘Firmware Update’ option and complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
Next, tap on the Register button and then go to the ‘Usage Advisory’ section. Tick the license agreement box to agree on it. After that, tap on the Next option to continue.
Now, open the sign-in page by clicking on the OK button. It will open a new window. Then, enter the password and username of your Google Account, tap on the ‘Sign in’ button.
If you don’t have a Google Account, tap on the ‘Sign up for a new Google Account’ option and complete the further process by following the on-screen guidance.
Complete the setup process by clicking on the ‘Finish printer registration’ option and then run a test print. Your printer is now connected with the Google Account. You can access the printing feature from any computer, Android or Apple device with internet access.