How To Perform Epson FastFoto FF-640 Setup
The Epson fastFoto FF- 640 is the world’s fastest photo scanner that can even improve the quality of the older photos. By using it, you may scan thousands of photos. With this photo scanner, you can load up to 30 photos at a time for the scan.
However, you will only be able to take advantage of these features if you have correctly configured the Epson FastFoto ff-640 setup procedure.
Searching for the steps to set up the Epson Fastfoto ff-640 scanner on your own? Well, this guide may work as a savior to you.
Epson FastFoto FF-640 Setup: Here is How to Set Up
Before proceeding to the setup procedure, ensure that the Epson scanner is not connected to the computer.
In case a new hardware screen appears on the display, click on the Cancel button and disconnect the USB cable. Now take a look below.
First, you have to insert the CD of the Epson FastFoto FF-640 driver within the computer. Unfortunately, if you have lost the CD driver, don’t panic. Go to the official website of the Epson scanner. From there, download the Setup file.
Now, run the Setup file. Follow the online instructions that appear on the screen. You will be instructed to connect a USB cable between the Epson scanner and your computer.
Keep in mind that you should use a USB cable once you have thoroughly read the instructions.
Wait for sometimes as the computer might take some time to identify the Epson scanner. Then, click Next to continue.
When finished, then insert some paper within the Epson FastFoto ff-640 and try to print. If it works normally, then your job is over. Otherwise, repeat the above steps starting from the beginning. After that, you will find that you have successfully connected the Epson FastFoto ff-640 with your computer.
Some common questions and their solutions are given in the undermentioned section.
How should I clean the inside of the scanner?
In the beginning, you have to power off the scanner. After that, unplug the AC adapter. Also, you are advised to disconnect all the connected cables. When finished, then you have to open the lever and also the scanner cover.
Take a dry cloth and wipe the dust or dirt present inside the scanner cover. Besides that, check out the rollers and wipe out any dust or dirt.
When done, then again plug in the AC adapter. After that, press the power button in order to turn on the Epson FastFoto FF-640 Scanner. Furthermore, you should hold down the Scan button for two to five seconds. Also, press the Scan button multiple times to remove dirt and dust.
Turn off the Epson scanner. Unplug the AC adapter. Clean dust or dirt from the glass surface by using a soft and dry cloth. Sometimes, the glass surface is stained with hard to removal material. In such a condition, it is highly recommended to use a small amount of glass cleaner to remove it.
[Note- Don’t use alcohol or paint thinner].
My scanning software does not work properly in Windows or Mac. What should I do?
Try out the below instructions.
- Ensure that the computer has enough memory and also meets all the requirements.
- You need to make sure that your device is not running in a power-saving mode. For example, Sleep or Standby. However, if it is, reboot your system.
- Apart from that, ensure that the Epson scanner is turned on.
- In case, you have recently updated the Operating System but did not reinstall the scanning software, then you are strongly suggested to reinstall it.
- Make sure that there is a secure connection between the Epson scanner and your computer.
- In case you are a Windows user, then ensure that the FF-640 scanner is listed under the imaging devices.
- Also, make sure that the Epson scanner supports Epson Scan 2.
- You are also advised to directly connect the scanner to the computer. It is noticed that the scanner might not work properly if you connect it via a USB hub.
- In case you are a Mac user, then ensure that no other Epson scanner drivers are installed. If installed, then uninstall them first. After that, again reinstall the scanner’s software.
Some users use the TWAIN-compliant program. If you are among them, then ensure that the correct product is chosen as a scanner or as a source setting.