How To Setup Canon Pixma MG3600 | A complete Guide
Canon Pixma MG3600 is an all in one printer that provides you with efficient quality printing for both office and home purposes. Moreover, it is a wireless printer through which you can easily print anything without any involvement of wires as such.
To use this printer, one needs to perform a complete wireless setup. Read the entire guide carefully to know the steps involved in this process.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Performing the Setup Process:
Before jumping into the setup process, take a quick look into some of the conditions that are listed below
- The access point/router used by you must have a WPS push button.
- If your access point or router does not have a WPS push button then make sure to follow the Standard Connection Method for setup.
- Also, your network must be using WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol.
- The access points or routers in which the WPS is enabled will not get connected through the WPS method if WEP is used. It will also not work if no security is enabled.
How to Perform a Canon Pixma MG3600 Setup?
Unpack the package and check the components of it carefully. Connect the power cord to the power source and then turn on the printer.
Wireless setup for Canon Pixma MG3600 can be done by two methods viz, WPS Connection Method and Standard Connection Method. Therefore, select a suitable method and implement the steps that are given below accordingly.
Method 1: WPS Connection Method
The printer should be turned on and the WPS button of your router should be accessible. Once done, follow the steps given below:
- At first, press and hold the printer’s WiFi button until it starts flashing.
- Press the black button and then the WiFi button. The WiFi lamp should blink quickly and the On lamp should be lightened.
- Now, press the WPS button of your access point instantly. (within 2 minutes)
- On doing so, the blue WiFi lamp of the printer will flash while searching. Also, both the WiFi and Power lamp will flash while connecting to the access point.
- Once the printer gets connected to the wireless network successfully, the WiFi lamp will stop blinking and get stabilized. Hence, check if both the WiFi lamp and the On lamp remains lit or not.
If you want to check whether the printer is connected to the wireless network successfully or not, try printing the network settings by following the process mentioned below
- Check if the printer is on and insert an A4 size paper within it.
- Press and hold the WiFi button to turn on the power lamp.
- Again, press the WiFi to print the network information page.
Go through the printout and see whether the Connection is active or not. Also, check whether the SSID mentioned matches with yours or not.
Method 2: Standard Connection Method
This method is for those users who do not have a WPS push button. Therefore, follow the steps given below sequentially:
- Once the initial screen appears, click on Start Setup.
- Now the software will download and look for any updates to the driver and software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until prompted for the connection method.
- Select your connection method as Wireless LAN Connection and then click on Next.
- Choose “Connect via wireless router (recommended)” option and then hit on Next again.
- Verify whether your printer is turned on or not and then click on Next.
- Now, the software will search for printers that are set up on your network. Thus, if your printer is connected with the network already, choose it from the “Printers on the Network List” window and then click on Next to proceed to the software installation.
- However, if it is not connected with the network then, check whether “Setting printer could not be found on the list” is marked and click on Next.
- This will start the processing. Wait for some time so that it can get completed.
- Now, the setup guide will open for a connection via cableless setup. Prepare your printer accordingly and then click on Next button.
- Wait for some time so that the setup can identify your printer. The network connection will be disabled temporarily during this period of time.
- Click on Next after completing the setup. Wait for some time so that all the MP drivers and network tools can get downloaded and installed.
- Wait for the software to get installed and setup completes. Once the installation process is completed, click on Next, if prompted for Print Head Alignment.
- For a test print, click on Execute>Next. This will complete the Setup for you. Then, click on Next for Software Installation.
How to Install the Software for Canon Pixma MG3600?
For software installation, insert the CD provided with the package within the CD-Drive and then follow the steps that are cited below
- Choose the software that you want to install from the Software Installation List and then click on Next.
- If your printer is not registered, select the Next option. Otherwise, click on Skip.
- Finally, click on Exit to complete the installation.
However, if you do not have the CD for software installation, make sure to reach the manufacturer’s website.
Hopefully, the guide mentioned above was helpful for you to set up your Canon Pixma MG3600 all in one printer.