How To Setup Canon MX922 | A Comprehensive Guide
Canon MX922 is an all-in-one printer that lets the users connect wirelessly to your host device. You can connect to the Wi-Fi network and the printer by using a router.
If you are unaware of how to do this, then you can have a look at the section hereunder to perform the Canon MX922 setup.
How to Setup Canon MX922 Wireless Printer?
Here we are going to discuss some easy steps through which you can set up your Canon MX922 printer wirelessly. So, perform the steps in the same way as mentioned below.
Connect the Printer to Wi-Fi:
To connect the Canon MX922 printer to Wi-Fi, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, connect one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end to the power supply.
- Press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds to turn it on.
- Press the Menu button from the Operational Panel of the device and choose the Settings option by using the Down or Up arrow keys.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Device Settings’ option and then tap on the ‘LAN Settings’ option.
- Now, press the OK button from the Control Panel of the printer to start the setup process.
- Search for the ‘Change Wireless/Wired’ option and then tap on it.
- Choose the ‘Wireless LAN active’ option. Then, search for the ‘WPS configuration’ and select it.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Push button method’ option. Once the access point is completed, press the OK button to continue.
- Lastly, tap on the WPS button to complete the setup process.
Wireless Setup for Mac and Windows OS:
After connecting the printer to Wi-Fi, you have to perform the wireless setup process. Here’s how to do this:
Canon Wireless Setup for Windows OS:
If you are using Windows Operating System, you can follow the below steps to perform the setup process:
- First of all, connect the printer and computer to a power outlet.
- Open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu.
- After that, navigate to the ‘Devices and Printers’ category.
- Click on the ‘Add a printer’ button.
- Next, tap on the ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’ option.
- Now, it will open a list of the network printer. Choose your network printer from the list.
- Lastly, you can run a test print.
Canon Wireless Setup for Mac:
If you are a Mac user, follow the below steps to perform the Canon wireless setup process:
- At first, connect the Mac and printer using a USB cable.
- Then, tap on the Next button from the setup page.
- Afterward, tap on the Wireless Setup Method to start the Canon MX922 wireless setup process.
- Complete the setup process by clicking on the Finish button.
- Click on the Apple icon displayed on the screen.
- Locate the Fax and Printing icons and then select the name of the printer from the list.
- Now, remove the USB from both the Mac and printer and then run a test print.
Canon MX922 Wired Connection
You can also set up your Canon MX922 printer using a USB cable. For doing this, check out the steps provided in the below section:
Canon MX922 USB Setup
To perform the Canon MX922 USB setup, you can have a look at the steps stated below:
- At first, you have to make sure that the printer is connected to a power supply.
- Afterward, visit the official website of Canon of then search for the full package of driver and software for your device. Once you get that, download the installation file on the system.
- Now, go to the location where you have saved the installation file and then click twice on it to open.
- Once you will be prompted to select the connection method, choose the ‘USB connection.’
- Once it opens the ‘Printer Connection’ display, connect the printer and computer using a USB cable. Now, follow the on-screen guidance and then tap on the Finish button.
- Next, open the paper tray of the device to load paper. Lastly, run a test print to check if the setup process is now completed successfully.
Canon MX922 Wired LAN Setup:
To perform the MX922 wired LAN setup, you can perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, turn on the printer and computer.
- Then, remove the cap from the port located at the backside of the printer.
- Now, connect the router and printer using an Ethernet cable.
- Press the Menu button and tap on the ‘Setup’ option.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Device Settings’ option.
- Next, select the ‘LAN Settings’ option and then tap on the ‘Change wireless/wired’ option.
- Click on the ‘Wired LAN active’ option.
- Thereafter, provide the required details in the pop-up window.
- Run a test print to check if the process is now completed.
Canon MX922 Wireless Setup Without CD-ROM:
You also can perform the setup process of the Canon MX922 printer without using a CD-ROM. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- First, press the Maintenance button until you will see a symbol on the screen of the printer.
- Afterward, tap on the Color button.
- The Wireless LAN function is now activated for your printer.
- Visit the official website Canon to download the latest version of the driver and software.
- Now, confirm that the driver you have downloaded is compatible with the Operating System you are using.
- Once you complete the downloading process, install it by following the on-screen prompts.
- Afterward, restart the computer and then run a test print.
How to Find the WPS PIN on Canon MX922 Printer?
The Wi-Fi protected or WPS button is specifically designed to establish a secure wireless connection between the printer and computer. It will enable communication between the two devices. You can either access the WPS by the setup or you also can use the WPS button on the printer.
- First of all, turn the printer on.
- Then, load the plain paper or A4 sized paper in the paper tray of the printer.
- Once it opens the Printer Status Window, click on the Options Menu.
- Select the Utility option and then choose the ‘Configuration page print’ option.
- Click on the OK button from the pop-up box.
- Now, it will print the configuration page.
- The WPS pin will also be printed on the configuration page along with the other details.
If you want to read more set up guide on another printer’s model, then follow our website regularly.