How To Setup Wireless Brother Printer MFC-J835DW
Brother MFC j835DW is an all-in-one inkjet printer. This screen-touch color printer can print up to 20 color pages per minute. Additionally, this printer saves space and thus is an ideal machine for fulfilling all your home purposes.
If you want to avoid the hassles of the USB cable to connect your Brother MFC j835dw printer, then you are in the right place. You need to configure your Brother printer and other devices to accomplish the Brother MFC j835DW wireless setup.
Simple Procedure for Brother MFC j835DW Wireless Setup:
Wireless setup is easy to perform if you carefully follow all the steps one-by-one. The setup process consists of several processes to simplify the headache of such configurations. Let’s see what you need to follow to go through the wireless setup on your Brother MFC j835DW printer.
Initial Configurations Before Brother MFC j835DW Wireless Setup
Before you leap to the direct configurations for wireless setup, you need to check whether you have everything essential for the setup process.
- Make sure that you have switched on the Brother printer and the device.
- Don’t forget to switch on the wireless router.
- Get the SSID or network name along with the password. You will get the password behind the wireless router.
- Also, check the type of the password before you log in to the wireless network.
These are the preliminary steps that you should implement before starting the setup procedure. Otherwise, you are unable to connect to the wireless network.
Configure the Brother MFC J835DW Printer
Now, you have to configure the Brother MFC J835DW printer. Firstly, remove all the USB cables connected to the printer. Afterward, go through the guidelines to implement the configuration for Brother MFC J835DW printer wireless setup.
- Tap the Menu option. Go to the Network option by pressing the Up or Down keys. Tap on the Network option.
- Next, look for the WLAN option there and press the WLAN option.
- Navigate to the Setup Wizard there and click on it.
- You may notice any prompts there. Confirm the wireless setup just by tapping on the option of ‘Yes’.
- Now, the printer will start the search for a nearby wireless network available there. It will show up a list of available wireless network options.
- Deny the option of WPS if you are prompted so. Just tap on the No option.
- Choose the wireless network as per your wish. Provide the network credentials like the password to the requiring field. Next, continue with the OK option.
- Now, tap on Yes to save the changes on your Brother MFC J835DW printer. Now the printer is connected to the wireless router. It will print a WLAN report, finally.
If the printer fails to connect the wireless network, then it is advised to go through the steps again. You are requested to follow the guidelines as they have been cited here.
Configure the Devices
You have already connected the Brother MFC J835DW printer to the WLAN. Now, you have to assign a device to the same wireless network or WLAN to print the files from the device.
Brother MFC J835DW Wireless Setup Windows 10
If you have installed Windows 10 as the operating system on your computer, then you need to go through the instructions below.
- Firstly, ensure that you have downloaded and installed the driver data. The driver data should be compatible with the Windows 10 version and the Brother MFC J835DW printer.
- Run the driver to get all the features installed on the computer.
- Then you need to sign in to the wireless network with the help of the SSID, password of the wireless router.
Once you connect to the same wireless network, now you can discover the Brother printer on that network. Choose the printer and the files to accomplish the printing job.
Brother MFC J835DW Wireless Setup Mac
Mac computers are also capable of wireless connection with the Brother printers. Track the guidelines below to accomplish wireless printing.
- You should download the driver package for Brother MFC j835dw printer on your Mac device. Be sure that the driver software is compatible with the Mac device.
- Double-click on the downloaded driver to initiate the installation process. After the installation completes, connect your Mac device to the wireless router. Use the same SSID and password.
- Once the Mac device is connected to the WLAN, you can easily connect to the Brother printer.
Now, select the file that you want to print through the Brother MFC J835dw printer.
Brother MFC J835DW Wireless Setup for Android
You have the chance to print any file from your Android smartphone to the Brother MFC J835DW printer. Stick to the guidelines cited hereunder to implement the wireless setup without any hassle.
- Go to the Settings app on your Android smartphone.
- Here you get an option named Wi-Fi. Tap on the option.
- Make sure that you have switched on the Wi-Fi option.
- Now, the smartphone will search for available wireless networks. Tap on your wireless network.
- Provide the password on the required field. Make sure that the Caps Lock is turned off to avoid the case sensitive issue.
- If you can notice Connected under the name of the network, then the Android device is surely connected.
Finally, you need to download the Brother iPrint and Scan application from the Google Play Store. It will help you to readily connect to the Brother MFC J835DW printer.
Brother MFC J835DW Wireless Setup for iOS
If you own an iPhone, iPad or iPod, then consider the following steps to connect the iOS device to the Brother printer.
- Fetch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Opt for the Wi-Fi menu.
- Turn the Wi-Fi on.
- It will show you some available wireless networks on the screen. Choose the network that you wish for.
- Provide the password of the network to access the wireless network.
- A checkmark will show up if the connection is successful.
Now, download the Brother iPrint and Scan application from the App Store. Now, your iOS device can readily connect to the Brother MFC J835DW printer.
Hopefully, the Brother MFC J835DW wireless setup process was helpful enough to connect to the printer wirelessly.