Brother MFC495CW Wireless Setup : A Complete Guide
Brother MFC495CW printer is a feature-rich all-in-one fax, copier, scanner, and printer. With smooth connectivity, it can help you to maximize your daily work efficiency.
It comes with an adapter that allows you to connect devices like laptops, computers, tablets, mobile wirelessly. To make the printer work smoothly, you have to perform Brother MFC495CW wireless setup.
How to Setup Brother MFC495CW?
Here, we are about to describe the easy steps through which you will be able to set up the Brother MFC495CW printer wirelessly. Hence, you can follow the steps provided below:
Step 1: Unbox the Printer and Check the Components
First of all, remove the protective tape and film cover from the box of the device. Afterward, lift the front cover of the device to remove the green protective part.
Then, remove the packing part. Make sure that you have the following components:
- USB 2.0 cable (not more than 6 feet).
- Network cable for 100BASE-TX or 10BASE-T Fast Ethernet Network.
Step 2: Load Paper into the Paper Tray
Now, remove the paper tray out of the printer and lift the cover. Press and slide the paper side guide and then paper lift guide to fit the paper size. Put the stack of paper properly into the tray to avoid misfeeds and paper jams.
- Place the paper gently into the input tray top edge first and print side down. Make sure that you have set the paper flatly in the paper tray.
- Now, adjust the paper side guides to the paper and confirm that the paper side guides touch both edges of the paper.
Now, push the input tray into the printer. Then, pull out the paper support until you hear a click sound. Afterward, unfold the support flap of the paper.
Step 3: Connect the Power Cable and Telephone Line
Now, connect the power cable to the printer and the other end to the power outlet. Press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds to turn the device On.
After that, connect one end of the telephone line cable to the LINE jack of the printer and the other end to the modular wall jack.
Step 4: Install the INk Cartridges
Open the cover of the ink cartridge and then remove the green protective part. Unpack the cartridge and turn the green knob on the yellow protective cap clockwise until you will hear a beep sound. After that, remove it.
Make sure that you have matched the lever color with the color of the ink cartridge. Install all the ink cartridges properly. Push the ink cartridges gently until it clicks. Now, close the cover of the cartridge and go to the next step.
Step 5: Check the Printing Quality
Once you have completed the preparation, tap on the ‘Color Start’ option and then check the quality of the four-color (magenta/cyan/yellow/black) blocks of the sheet. If you see all the lines are visible and clear, press 1 (yes) from the dial pad of the control panel.
Step 6: Choose the Language and Correct Receive Mode
To select your preferred language, you can perform the steps as follows:
- Press the Menu button from the control panel of the printer.
- Now, select the following by using the Down or UP arrow keys:
- First, select the ‘Initial Setup’ option and then press OK.
- Choose the ‘Local Language’ option and press the OK button.
- Lastly, pick your favored language from the list.
- Lastly, press the Exit or Stop button to complete the process.
Now, you have to select the correct receive mode. Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Menu button.
- Afterward, select the options stated below by using the Down or UP arrow keys:
- First, choose the ‘Initial Setup’ option and press OK.
- Then, choose the ‘Receive Mode’ option. After that, press the OK button.
- Now, pick your preferred receive mode and press the OK button once again.
- Finally, press the Stop or Exit button to proceed further.
Step 7: Set the LCD Contrast (if required)
If you are facing problems while reading the display, you can change the Contrast settings by performing the steps mentioned below:
- At first, press the Menu button.
- Now, do the following by using the navigation arrow keys:
- Select the ‘General Setup’ option and press OK.
- Choose the ‘LCD Settings’ and then press the OK button.
- Select the ‘LCD Contrast’ option.
- Now, choose the ‘Dark’, ‘Med’, or ‘Light’ option and press the OK button.
- Afterward, press the Stop/Exit button to continue.
Step 8: Set the Date and Time
The printer will show the date and time. If you set up the station ID, then Date and Time will be added to each of the fax that you sent. You can follow the below steps to set up the Date and Time:
- In the beginning, press the Menu button and then choose the ‘Initial Setup’ option from the display by using the navigation arrow key.
- Next, select the ‘Date & Time’ option from the next list by using the Down or UP arrow key and then press the OK button.
- Type the last two digits of the year from the dial pad and press OK. Afterward, type the two digits for the month and press OK.
- Next, enter the day by typing two digits and press OK. Enter the time in 24-hour format from the dial pad and press OK.
- Lastly, press the Exit or Stop button.
Step 9: Set the Station ID
You can store the fax number and name on all the fax pages that you send. To do this, first, press the Menu button. Then, select the ‘Initial Setup’ option and press OK. Afterward, select the ‘Station ID’ from the list and press the OK button.
Now, you can type the fax number and then press OK. Thereafter, enter the name using the dial pad and then press the OK button once again. Lastly, press the Exit or Stop button to proceed further.
Step 10: Set Tone or Pulse Dialing Mode and Set the Phone Line Compatibility
The printer comes along with the Tone dialing service. If you have the rotary Pulse dialing service, then you can change the dialing mode.
- Press the Menu button and select the ‘Initial Setup’ option.
- Afterward, select the ‘Tone/Pulse’ option and then select the Pulse or Tone option once again.
- Press OK and then Stop or Exit button.
If you are connecting the device with a VoIP service, then you have to change the compatibility settings. To do this, press the Menu button and then choose the ‘Initial Setup’ option. Press OK.
Now, select the ‘Compatibility’ option and then choose the ‘Basic (for VoIP)’ option. Press the OK button and then press the Exit or Stop button.
Step 11: Automatic Daylight Saving Time
To change the daylight saving time, press the Menu button and then select the ‘General Setup’ option from the list. Afterward, choose the ‘Auto Daylight’ and then turn it On. Press the OK button and then the Exit or Stop button.
Step 12: Configure the Wireless Settings
To configure the Broadcast settings, first, you have to note down the SSID and Password from the side or base of the printer. Or, you can check the document that comes along with the device. Afterward, perform the steps as follows:
- Press the Menu button and then choose the ‘Network’ option and press OK.
- Afterward, select the ‘WLAN’ option and then press the OK button.
- Now, select the ‘Setup Wizard; option and press OK.
- Once the ‘Network I/F switched to Wireless’ message appears, press OK to accept it.
- Now, the device will try to search for the available SSIDs. Choose the SSID from the list.
- Next, enter the SSID and Password in the specific field and press the OK button.
After that, the device will try to connect the wireless network. Once it connects properly, it will show Connected status. Lastly, press the OK button to complete the process and try a test print. Hopefully, these will help you to set up the Brother MFC495CW printer successfully.