How To Setup Wireless Printer Brother mfc-j480dw
Brother MFC-J480DW printer is an all-in-one device that lets the users to print and scan wirelessly. But, to make this device work efficiently and smoothly, you need to know the overall process of the Brother MFC-J480DW wireless setup.
How to Setup Wireless Printer Brother MFC-J480DW?
Here, we are going to describe the simple steps through which you can set up the Brother MFC-J480DW printer wirelessly. Hence, perform the steps as follows:
Step 1: Unbox the Printer
Firstly, remove the tape and film covering from the device and display. Afterward, make sure that the below-mentioned components arrives along with the device:
- Starter Ink Cartridges: Magenta, Cyan, Yellow, Black.
- Product Safety Guide, Basic User’s Guide, Quick Setup Guide.
- Telephone Line Cord.
Step 2: Load Paper
After unpacking the device, load the paper into the paper tray. To do this, pull the input tray out of the device. Then, lift the cover of the output tray.
Afterward, fan the paper properly and then place it into the paper tray. Adjust the paper width guides and close the output cover of the input tray. Now, push the paper tray slowly into the printer.
Step 3: Connect the Telephone Line Cord
Locate the LINE jack and connect the Telephone Line cord with it. But, if you don’t want to use your printer as fax, then you can skip this step.
Step 4: Connect the Power Cable
Now, you have to connect one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end to the power supply. Then, press the Power button from the top of the device and hold it for a few seconds to turn the device On.
Step 5: Install the Ink Cartridges
Open the cover of the ink cartridge and separate the orange protective part from the printer. Then, install the ink cartridges by following the on-screen prompts. Now, the device will prepare the ink cartridge for printing.
Step 6: Configure the Settings of the Device
After finishing the initial cleaning process, configure the settings of the device by following the on-screen prompts. Now, you have to do the following:
- Check print quality.
- Set date and time.
- Set Firmware Update Notice.
- Print the installation sheet.
Step 7: Select your Language
Press the Settings button from the Control Panel of the printer. Afterward, choose the following, using the Down or Up arrow key:
- Choose the ‘Initial Setup’ option and press OK.
- Next, select the ‘Local Language’ option and then press the OK button.
- Now, choose your preferred language and press OK.
Lastly, press the Exit or Stop button from the Control Panel of the printer.
Step 8: Select the Correct Receive Mode
The accurate Receive Mode is set by the telephone subscriber service and external devices (Distinctive Ring, Voice Mail, etc). Here are the steps you can follow to choose the receive mode:
- First and foremost, press the Settings button from the control panel.
- Afterward, do the following with the help of the Down or Up arrow key:
- Choose the ‘Fax’ option and press OK.
- Choose the ‘Setup Receive’ option and then press the OK button.
- Afterward, select the ‘Receive Mode’ option and press OK.
- Now, press your preferred Receive Mode and press OK.
- Lastly, press the Exit or Stop button.
Note: This step is only for the users who want to use the device as fax.
Step 9: Install the Driver and Software
First of all, insert the CD-ROM into the DVD drive of the system. But, if you don’t have the CD-ROM, then you can visit the official website of Brother. Then, download the latest version of printer software by using the model number of your printer.
Afterward, the device installation screen will appear. Complete the installation process by following the on-screen prompts.
- If the Brother screen doesn’t appear automatically, tap on the Start button and then go to the ‘My Computer’ section. Click twice on the CD/DVD-ROM icon. Afterward, click twice on the ‘start.exe’ option.
- If the ‘User Account Control’ screen opens, tap on the Yes button to proceed further.
- Furthermore, if you want to connect the printer with other computers, then you can repeat the same steps for each computer.
Now, you will be prompted to select the ‘Connection Type’. Choose the Connection Type that you want to use. From here, click on the ‘Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi)’ option.
Once the ‘Wireless Device Setup’ screen appears, choose the ‘Setup with a USB cable’ option to connect the Brother MFC-J480DW printer wirelessly.
Now, complete the further processes by following the on-screen prompts. Once you reach the ‘Installation Complete’ screen, the printer is installed successfully. Lastly, tap on the Finish button.
Additional Information: How to Print from a Smartphone?
You can connect a smartphone with your Brother MFC-J480DW printer. To do this, you have to connect the mobile device to a router. Then, connect the Brother printer with the same router
Using the Wireless Setup Wizard.
Afterward, you can follow the below steps to perform this:
- First of all, turn the router off and then wait for a minimum of 10-15 seconds. Afterward, turn it ON once again.
- Find out the Network Name or SSID and Password or Network Key on the router. You will find this at the side or base of the router. Else, you can ask the network administrator to provide the details.
- Press the Up arrow key to open the Wireless Settings menu. Afterward, choose the ‘Setup Wizard’ option by using the Down or Up arrow key and press OK.
- Now, choose the SSID that you have written by using the Down or UP arrow key and then press OK.
- Afterward, type the Network Key or Pass-key and press the OK button.
- Once the wireless setup is completed, you will see the Connected status at the display of the printer.
- Lastly, press the OK button and then install the driver.
Hopefully, these steps will help you with Brother MFC-J480DW wireless setup. If you want to read more Brother printer related topics, you can follow our posts regularly.