How To Perform Brother MFC J470dw Wireless Setup
Brother MFC J470dw is one of the easiest printers suitable for fulfilling all the home and work purposes. Besides, you can get this printer at an affordable price. With this printer, you can avail features like document feeder, mobile device printing, etc. So, if you have just bought this printer, you need to know the procedure for Brother MFC-J470DW wireless setup.
To know that, you need to move to the next section where we will provide you with some simple steps to set up the printer.
Steps on Perform the Setup of the Wireless Printer Brother MFC-J470dW:
This section consists of the key steps to set up the Brother MFC-J470DW wireless printer. You just need to implement the mentioned steps as stated below.
Step 1: Configure the Wireless Settings
Before you move to the initial steps to set up the printer, you need to note down the SSID, WED Key, WPA Password. Now, perform the below-mentioned steps to configure the wireless settings:
- Tap on the Menu button on the printer. Now, choose the button no 7 to choose the Network.
- Now, tap on the “2” button on the printer to choose the Setup wizard option. Tap on the “1” button to select the “On” button.
- Now, the printer will search for the available SSID. A list of SSID will appear on the screen next.
- Use the scroll up or scroll down button to choose the correct SSID. Tap on the “OK” button next.
Note: It might take a while to appear all the SSIDs on the screen. If the access point is not set button to show up the SSID name, you won’t get the list. In that case, you need to tap the scroll Up or Down arrow and then select the new SSID and tap on the “OK” button.
- Now, use the scroll Up and Down arrows and then tap on the “OK” button to choose between the “ No Authentication or Encryption” or “No Authentication with WEP Encryption”.
Note: If you want to use the No Authentication or Encryption option, you need to choose the Open system and then tap on the “OK” button next. Press the “1” button next to choose the “Yes” button next to change the settings.
- To choose the No Authentication with WEP Encryption option, first, go to the open system and then tap on the “OK” button.
- If you want to choose the Authentication with WEP Encryption option, then you need to select the “Shared key” using the keys and then tap on the “OK” button.
- Now, select the appropriate keys and tap on the “OK” button to confirm the action.
- Put the WEP key next using the dial pad to give the letters and numbers.
[Note: If you want to write “a” then you need to tap on the “2” key on the dial pad. To write the “3”, you need to tap on the “3” key on the dial pad.]
- Tap on the “OK” button next after giving all the numbers and the letters for the WEP Key.
- Press the “1” button next. Use the Scroll Up or Down button next to lect TKIP or AES for choosing the Encryption Type.
- Tap on the “OK” button next. Now, you need to give the username and then tap on the “OK” button again.
[Note: Use scroll left and right keys to writing the username. If you want to write the letter “a” you need to tap on the “2” key on the dial pad once.]
- Now, put the password using the scroll left and right arrows. Tap on the “OK” button next.
The printer will now connect to the wireless network that you have selected during the process. If you connected with the wireless network, you will get a notification on the screen.
But if you fail to do that, you name to check the network settings once and then perform the above-mentioned steps again to connect it with the wireless network.
Now, you have successfully established a wireless connection in the printer. Thus, now you need to move to the next section to install the drivers and software.
Step 2: Install the Drivers and Software
Before installing the drivers and software, you need to check if the computer is on. And if the device is turned on, then you should be logged in taking up all the Administrative rights.
You need to close all the programs that are currently running in the device. Also, check if any other CD drive or memory cards are inserted in the device. Further, you need to disable the firewall software before starting the installation process.
Now, go through the below-mentioned steps to install the driver and software.
- You need to first insert the CD-ROM in the CD Rom drive. Now, put the model name and then tap on the Machine name.
- Choose the preferred language. Now, you will see the CD ROM window will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the “Install MFL-Pro Suite”. When the license agreement screen will appear, tap on the “Yes’ button.
[Note: If you are a Windows Vista user, then go to the main menu. From there, you need to tap on the Start.exe program and you will be able to install Pro-suite.]
- Select the “Wireless Network connection” and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Make sure the Wireless settings checked and confirmed box is checked. Tap on the “Next” button now.
- Now, if the device is configured for the network, choose the device name from the list.
- Tap on the “Next” button to continue the process. Now, uncheck the “Enable Status Monitor” option.
- Click on the “Next” option now.
After clicking the above option, the Brother drivers will automatically start the installation process. It might take a while to do that. You will get one screen after another. When you will get the “On-Line Registration” page, read the on-screen instructions then tap on the “Next” button.
Next, you need to click on the “Finish” button to restart the device. After restarting the device, tap on the “OK” button when the firmware update setting window will appear on the screen.
After performing the above steps, you will be able to set up the Brother printer successfully. Now, put a load of paper in the printer tray and print out all the documents to check if you have properly set the printer up.
If not, then it is suggested to repeat the above steps to connect the printer with the Wifi. Also, you can connect the printer with the Wifi-enabled devices with the same wireless network as a printer.