Brother MFC-7860DW Wireless Setup Procedure
Brother MFC-7860DW is an all-in-one printer that has a huge user database all over the world. But, several users have reported that they are facing problems while performing Brother MFC-7860DW wireless setup.
If you are also stuck with the same issue, then you need some proper instructions to get rid of the problematic situation and set up your Brother MFC-7860DW printer effectively.
How to Setup Wireless Printer Brother MFC-7860DW?
Here we are going to discuss some easy steps through which you can set up the Brother MFC-7860DW easily. Before going to set up the device, you have to find out the broadcast network settings of the router. Note down the Network name or SSID and Network Key (Encryption Key, Security Key, or Password) of the router.
You will find this at the side or base of the router. Or you also can check the documentation comes with the router. Afterward, you can perform the below steps to set up the Brother MFC-7860DW printer on the wireless network:
First of all, connect the power cable with the printer and connect the other end to the power supply. Now, you can turn on the device.
Afterward, press the Settings or Menu button from the Control Panel of the printer. Select the below options by using the Down or Up arrow key:
- First, choose the ‘Network’ option from the display and press the OK button.
- Next, choose the ‘WLAN’ option. Then, press the OK button from the Control Panel of the printer.
- Lastly, choose the ‘Setup Wizard’ option from the upcoming list. After that, press OK.
Once the ‘WLAN Enable?’, ‘Change to WLAN’, ‘Network I/F switched to Wireless’, ‘Enable WLAN?’ option appears on the screen, enable the Wireless Network. Now, it will initiate the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ process.
After a few seconds, it will display a list of all the available SSIDs. Choose the SSID that you have noted down earlier by using the Down or Up arrow key. Afterward, press the OK button to continue.
Now, perform one of the following methods:
- If you are using the Encryption method or Authentication Method, then you have to enter the Network Key and then press the OK button to apply the changes. To apply these settings, you can tap on the Yes button.
- If the Authentication method is Open System and the Encryption mode is None, then you can go to the next step.
Now, the device will attempt to connect with the broadcast network you have chosen earlier.
- If the printer is connected successfully, then the LCD displays the message ‘Connected.’
- If the connection is failed, then the printer will print a report of the wireless connection.
After setting up the Brother MFC-7860DW printer, you can download the latest version of the driver and software to complete the setup process.
To do this, you can visit the official website of the Brother printer and then search for the latest driver and software. Once you get that download it on your computer and then complete the installation process by performing the on-screen guidance.
Hopefully, the above steps will help you to perform the Brother MFC-7860DW wireless setup.