How to Set Up Brother Printer – The Best Possible Way
Brother printers come with easy-to-use features which make these printers versatile and the most favored choice for users all over the globe. However, you have to set up the printer over the Wi-fi, if you want to print some photos and texts from email, Facebook or other platforms. If you perform the setup incorrectly, you might face problems like spooler issue, paper jam, etc. So, if you are not confident regarding how to setup Brother printer, then you can go through this article for a complete guide on doing so.
How To Set Up Brother Printer On A Wireless Network?
Don’t panic if you have no technical knowledge about the set up of your Brother printer. Because this set up is relatively simple. Just follow the below guideline to set up your Brother printer properly.
Before Set Up
First, you have to check the wireless network settings of your router. Now, note down the following network settings which you will require later:
- Network key – Encryption key, security key, password
- Network name – SSID, ESSID
The Accurate Way To Check The Network Key and The Network Name
- Check the side or the base of the access point or the router.
- Go through the documentation which is provided with your router.
After noting down this information, set up your Brother printer following the methods given below.
Set Up Brother Printer On a Wireless Network
After you write down the required information from the wireless network settings, just follow the guidelines one by one as instructed below:
- First of all, connect the power cable of your Brother printer with a power source.
- Turn on your printer.
- Go to the control panel.
- Select the Menu option.
- Now, use the up arrow key and down arrow key to select the Network. Press OK.
- In the same way, choose the WLAN and select the OK option.
- Now, choose the Setup Wizard by pressing the up and down arrow key and choose OK.
- When the message ‘WLAN Enable?’ appears on the screen, just click on yes to enable the network. This will help you to invoke the wireless setup wizard.
- Now, wait for sometime, because the machine will automatically search for the available networks. After some times, the available networks are displayed on the screen.
- When the list appears, select the exact SSID that you noted down before by pressing the arrow key.
- Press OK.
- Now, perform one of the following:
If You Use An Encryption And Authentication Method:
- First, enter the network key.
- Then, choose OK to make the change in the settings.
- Click on the Yes to apply these settings.
If Your Encryption Mode Is None And You Use An Open System Authentication Method:
You have to do nothing then. Your printer is automatically connected to the Wi-Fi network which you have chosen.
- You can see a message like ‘Connected printing’ when your Brother printer connects successfully.
- At last, the printer will print a report of the wireless connection with which you connect your printer.
Download And Install The Brother Printer Software
After you set up your printer successfully, then you need to install the software for performing a printing session. To download and install such software, you need to go through the below guideline:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Brother printer.
- Now, go to the Download section.
- You will find the ‘Full Driver & Software’ Package. Just download this package.
- On the download page, you will find all the installation guide for your Brother printer.
Now, the whole setup process is completed. You can enjoy a hassle-free printing session after installing these drivers.
After buying the Brother printer, the first thing you have to know is how to setup Brother printer. If you can’t set up your Brother printer properly, then you can’t print anything. We hope, you can successfully set up your printer by following this article. If you are still facing some problems during the setup, then you can take help from our technician. To do so, you have to contact our professionals. Our experts will surely help you with an effective solution to set up the printer.