How To Set Up Brother MFC-7840w On The Wireless network
Brother MFC-7840 is an all in one printer. However, your purchasing a printer is not the ultimate task. It is very important to be aware of the setup process.
Brother MFC-7840w wireless setup is indeed an easy task. But there can be a possibility that you might not know the setup process. Hence, perform the processes that are described below.
How to Set Up Brother MFC-7840w on the Wireless Network?
Below discussed are some of the effective techniques that you might apply on your own to set up your Brother MFC-7840 wireless printer.
Step 1: Reset the Network Card to the Factory Default
Here are the steps that you need to follow to reset the Network Card to the Factory Default. So,
- At first, your device needs to be turned off.
- After that, click on the Go button and turn on the machine.
- Then, press and hold the power button until the Toner, Drum and Error LEDs are on. Now, you might find that the Ready LED will be off.
- Now, release the Go option and click on the Go option six times to reset your machine’s network card.
Step 2: Assign an IP Address to the Printer
If you want to assign an IP address to the printer, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, use the Ethernet cable to make a temporary connection:
- Now, go to the back of your printer machine to remove the protective cap from the Ethernet port.
- Then, your router needs to be connected with an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port.
2. Now, wait for a few minutes and then print the Network Configuration report. Then, verify whether your Brother machine has acquired an IP address or not.
3. Then, print the network configuration report and for that click on the GO button three times within two seconds.
4. Now, the printer Settings report will start the printing process that includes the Network Configuration option.
Step 3: Configure the Wireless Card in the Printer
To configure the wireless card in the printer, follow the below-mentioned steps correctly.
- At first, go to the Start menu and open a web browser on your device.
- After that, go to the web browser address line option to type an IP address.
- Then, go to the top menu and select the Network Configuration option.
- Now, type the user name and password and after that, select the OK option.
- Then, go to the Configure wireless option and select the Infrastructure for the Communication Mode.
- Next, go to the Browse option and select your Wireless Network Name (SSID).
- Thereafter, go to the Name (SSID) list to choose your network name. Then, select the OK option.
- Now, go to your Authentication Method option and select your Encryption Method.
- Then, type Passphrase and then go to the bottom to select the Submit option.
- Then, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Brother machine.
- Now, wait at least for a few minutes and then print the Network Configuration report. After that, verify whether your Brother machine has acquired a valid IP address or not.
Connect your Brother Printer to Computer Wirelessly:
If you want to connect your Brother Printer to PC wirelessly, then follow these steps.
- At first, gather your network’s name and password.
- After that, go to the Control Panel of your printer and click on the Menu option.
- Thereafter, go to the Network Option and select the OK option.
- Now, select the WLAN option with the help of the navigation keys. Then, click on the OK option.
- Next, go to the Setup Wizard option and click on the OK option.
- When the WLAN Enable screen appears, then enable the wireless network option.
- In the end, type the SSID and password and then wait until your printer prints the wireless status report.
Hopefully, with the help of the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to set up the MFC-7840w wireless printer.