How To Perform Scanning On HP Officejet 6958?
HP Officejet 6958 is an all-in-one printer from the HP Officejet series. It can print up to 28 black and white copies per minute. When it comes to color printing, then you can expect up to 22 copies per minute. It can perform copying, scanning, and faxing.
If you have bought an HP Officejet 6958 printer recently, then you might find it useful for scanning your important documents and files. If you are unaware of how to perform scanning via this printer then go through the next section. Here you will learn how to scan on HP Officejet 6958 if you are a newbie.
How to Scan on HP Officejet 6958?
If you want to keep a paper document on your computer, then you have to scan it. HP Officejet 6958 is prominent for scanning a document or pictures. Follow the guidelines here to scan your essential document or picture and restore it for future use.
How to Scan on HP Officejet 6958 for Windows
Well, the setup process for different versions of Windows is different. For the preliminary setup, consider the steps according to the versions of Windows. Then please continue with the main process.
For Windows 8.1
If you are a Windows 8.1 user, then consider the initial steps.
- You can notice a down arrow at the bottom-left corner of the home screen.
- Choose your HP Officejet 6958.
- Next, go to Utilities.
For Windows 8
If you have installed Windows 8 on your computer, then track the instructions.
- Right-click on the empty space on the home screen.
- Opt for All Apps.
- Choose your printer.
- Select the option of Utilities.
For Windows XP, Vista, 7
These kinds of Windows versions are in high demand. If you also have one of these Windows versions, then check out the guidelines.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Continue with the All Programs option.
- Choose the HP option. Fetch the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6958 printer folder.
- Now, you need to choose the Manage Scan option. Proceed with the Enable option.
After you have checked the preliminary steps for the definite Windows versions, please stick to the guidelines below.
- You need to place the original document or the photo to the document feeder. Otherwise, you have to place the document upside down on the scanner glass.
- Double-click on the printer’s icon from your computer.
- Check the above steps according to the Windows versions.
- Fetch the printer software and choose the Scan option.
- Opt for the type of scan and tap on the Scan option.
- Save the file at your preferred location on your computer as per your choice of format.
Here you go with the scanning on HP Officejet 6958 printer through Windows device.
How to Scan on HP Officejet 6958 for Mac
Mac users need to follow the steps below for a successful scanning on HP Officejet 6958 printing device.
- Open the HP Scan application.
- Choose the type of scan.
- Go through the guidelines on the screen. You may adjust some settings like image file type, contrast, resolution, etc.
- Now, you can scan the document to the network folders and cloud drives.
- You can adjust the scanning details in the preview.
- Finally, opt for the Scan option.
Make sure that your Mac device should have access to the HP Scan application.
Some FAQs Related to Scan on HP Officejet 6958:
Here we have presented some FAQs related to troubleshooting to the scanning on your HP Officejet 6958 printer.
Why the Scanned Copy is Cropped or Blank?
If you are dealing with this circumstance, then please go through the steps below.
- Make sure that you have loaded the paper of the right size.
- Check the page orientation.
- Ensure that you have ended up with the right source to store the scanned copy.
How to Improve Scan Quality?
Well, you have to accept the scanner’s quality as it is. You may reset the configurations on your printer to improve the quality.
Hopefully, you are now aware of how to scan on HP Officejet 6958. If you face any problem, then please check the connections between your HP printer and the computer.