How To Perform HP Envy 5640 Setup
HP Envy 5640 is a color multifunctional printer. It offers an image resolution 4800*1200 DPI. This model of the HP printer can print up to 14 pages per minute.
In addition, this machine is an ideal choice for the home or small business premises. Hence, if you use an Envy 5640 printer, then you must understand how to set up the printer to get the best printing output.
Searching for the easiest way to complete the HP Envy 5640 setup procedure? then, this guide might work as a savior to you.
HP Envy 5640 Setup: Steps to Follow
Check out the easy and effective steps to complete the setup process of HP Envy 5640 on your own.
Step 1- Unpack the HP Envy 5640 Printer
In the beginning, you need to unfold the HP printer from the box. Also, take out all the tapes as well as the packing materials from the machine.
Next, take out the sticker from the Control Panel display. When finished, after that, lift the scanner lid. Next, remove all the packing materials from the scanner glass.
Once done, then shut the scanner lid. Now, you should open the cartridge access door. Furthermore, you need to take out all the packing materials and the tape from inside the HP printer.
In addition, close the cartridge access door. Then, take out all the packing material from the paper tray. Further, you have to replace the output tray and shift the paper tray. Also, you have to remove all the hardware materials from the box.
Proceed to the next step.
Step 2- Insert Paper within the Paper Tray
Before installing the cartridges, you have to load the paper tray. Furthermore, open the paper tray. You will see the Close Tray screen will appear on the display. If you see a message ‘A paper tray is open, close the tray to continue’, then use the right arrow to see the instructions.
You can see the icon at the bottom left corner of the touchscreen. Once done, then push the photo tray and slide out the white papers. Next, load the paper tray with the white paper. Then, shift the paper tray until it placed in its place.
Now “Have You Changed the Paper?” message will appear on the screen, and if you have not touched an option, then the message will disappear after a few seconds. However, the HP printer will use the last paper settings.
Furthermore, if required, then you may adjust the settings. In case, you have not changed the paper type or size, then press OK to go to the Home Screen. Else, wait for sometimes so that the printer can automatically return to the Home screen.
In case, you have changed the paper size or type, then have a look at the given points.
- In case, the paper within the main tray has changed, then touch the Main tray, Paper Size, and Paper type. After that, touch on Done. Then, return to the main screen.
- If you use the photo tray and changed the paper, then it must be 4*6 in. Also, ensure that the Photo Paper must be displayed in the Photo Tray field. When finished, touch OK to go the Home Screen. Alternatively, wait and let the printer itself return to the main screen.
- If you see that the Photo Tray is Empty, then at first, open the photo tray and you have to ensure that the photo paper is shifted all the way until it locks into place. When finished, then check the touch screen and now the Photo Paper must be shown within the Photo Tray field.
Step 3- Set the Power Cord
Once you have successfully applied the above two steps, then plug in the HP Envy 5640 printer and turn it on. After that, choose your preference.
For that, connect one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end must be connected to an electric outlet. Press and hold down the power button of the HP printer until it turned on.
Afterward, visit the HP printer’s Control Panel. Next, select the language that you prefer. Then, touch the Continue button to confirm the language choice. On the next page, touch on your preferred country.
After that, touch on the Continue Setup button. Scroll down and navigate to the bottom of the display to set the time. Once done, touch on the Continue option.
Step 4- Install the HP Cartridges
Once you are done with the above steps, then you have to install the HP cartridges that are included within the printer box. Keep in mind that the installed cartridges must be compatible with the HP Envy 5640 printer. In order to do so, go through the steps listed below.
- First, open the cartridge access door and once it opens, then lifted it up. Now, you will see the Door Opening screen on the display of the printer with a message ‘ The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely closed’.
- After that, the “Change the link” option might appear at the bottom right corner of the LED display. If you select it, then you will see a video to install new cartridges.
- After completion, take out the cartridges from the package. You have to take extra care while doing this. Only touch the black plastic on the ink cartridges.
- Next, drag the orange tab in order to remove the protective tab.
- Shift the newly installed cartridges at a slight upward angle within the empty slot. After this, lightly move the newly installed cartridges until it fits in a particular place.
Then, go to the left slot and insert the tri-color within it. Also, insert the black cartridges in the right slot.
To install the other cartridges, repeat these steps.
- Once completed, shut down the cartridges access door and when the door is completely closed, then ‘The cover or door must be closed to print, check that it is completely closed’ message will disappear. Also, the HP printer will return back to the Home Screen.
- Touch the OK key.
Now, wait for sometimes and let the HP printer to align the cartridges. Once the alignment is done, the HP Envy 5640 printer will print an alignment page.
In case, the alignment page does not print, then take a look below.
- First, ensure that you have inserted white paper within the paper tray.
- Go to the HP printer Control Panel and touch the setup screen.
- Then, touch the Printer Maintenance and once you have assured that there is no issue with that, then touch the Align Printer.
Finally, again go to the Control Panel and follow the online instructions to complete the alignment procedure. Once completed, then the printer will surely print the alignment page.
Touch on the OK key and after that, discard the alignment page.
Step 5- Install the Printer Driver
Now, the hardware part is set up and you have to install the printing software. To do so, visit the official website of the HP Envy 5640 printer and after that, download the suitable software for your device.
That’s it. These are the steps that you have to follow to set up your HP Envy 5640 printer on your own.