How To Install HP Officejet Pro 7720
HP Officejet Pro 7720 is an all-in-one printer, offering amazing print quality and superb convenience. It comes with the Wi-Fi technology that lets you print and scan from anywhere in your office or home.
To make this printer work smoothly, first, you have to set up the HP Officejet Pro printer properly. Here, we are about to describe a step-by-step method through which you can install and set up the device.
Easy Steps to Install HP Officejet Pro 7720
If you are settings up the printer for the first time, then the first thing you have to do is unbox the device and remove all the packing materials from the box. Then, connect the power cable and set your preferences.
Next, install the ink cartridges and load the paper into the paper tray. Afterward, you can start the installation process by following the steps below:
Step 1: Prepare for Installation
Before connecting the device with the broadcast network, you have to know the login credentials. Gather the items stated below:
- Network Name or SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Network Password or WPA security passphrase or WEP key.
- A computer that is connected to the wireless network.
- You need to have internet access. HP always recommended having broadband internet access like DSL or cable to download the software.
Afterward, turn on the computer and router. Make sure that the computer is connected with the same network to which the printer is connected. Next, turn the printer On.
Try to place the printer close to the system. Make sure that the device is within the range of the router while setting up the device. Lastly, disconnect the Ethernet cables or USB from the printer and proceed with the next step.
Step 2: Connect the Printer to the Broadcast Network
Now, connect the device to the network through the Wireless Setup Wizard so that the HP installer will be able to find the device during installation. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the Dashboard from the control panel and then tap on the Wireless icon.
- Afterward, tap on the Setup icon and then select the ‘Wireless Settings’ option.
- Now, choose the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ from the list.
- Select the name of your wireless network from the list of Network Name available there.
- Afterward, tap on the OK button.
- If you are unable to find out the network name of your wireless network, then you can tap on the ‘Enter New Network Name’ option.
- Enter the Network Name manually by following the on-screen prompts.
- Now, if you are asked to enter the WPS key or WEP key, then tap on the Done button.
- Once it opens the Summary screen, tap on the OK button to return to the home screen.
Step 3: Download and Install the Driver and Software
After connecting the device to the wireless network, you have to download the most recent version of the driver and software.
If the ‘Auto Wireless Connect’ screen appears while performing the installation process, then complete the installation process by following the on-screen prompts. Else, you can follow these steps to install the driver and software.
- First of all, visit the official website of HP and then choose the modem number of your printer from the list of printers.
- Tap on the Begin button and then click on the Download button to download the driver for your HP Officejet Pro 7720 printer.
- Afterward, go to the download bar of the browser or navigate to the location of your computer where the downloaded file is saved.
- Click twice on the driver file. You will see the file name is started with ‘HP EAsy Start.’
- Now, complete the installation process by following the on-screen prompts. Now, return to the home page of the website to complete the registration and activation process.
Frequently Asked Question
What to do if the Printer Connection Drops or I Change the Password of my Network?
If the device is disconnected from the broadcast network if you change the ISP. Or, if you purchase a new router, then you can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to reconnect the printer. But now you don’t have to reinstall the driver to complete the setup process.
To do this, you can perform the same steps as mentioned in Step 2.
Can I Change the Connection type of the Printer After Completing the Installation Process?
If you want to change the connection type, then you can use the ‘Printer Setup & Software’ utility that comes along with the printer software. Here’s how to do this:
- First of all, go to the Start menu and then search for the name of the printer. Click on the name of the printer from the search result.
- Navigate to the Tools tab and then tap on the ‘Device Setup & Software’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Connect a new device’ option and complete the further process by following the on-screen guidance.