Fix Epson Printer Communication Error With Effective Fixes
Epson printer communication error occurs when the printer is unable to communicate with the connected devices. As a result, the printer fails to recognize your device and scan the document stored in it. Hence the printer suddenly stops working and you won’t get the required printout. This problem arises when you haven’t plugged in the power cord correctly or the printer isn’t connected to your device. Not only the wired printers but the wireless printers also face the same issue. Network issue is the most common cause in the case of wireless printers. It might happen that your system isn’t compatible with the printer or the application software isn’t set up properly. Your Epson printer communication is obviously messed up if you are using a wrong interface cable or a faulty socket. Outdated printer drivers or firmware are the other sources of a communication error. Therefore, let us analyze each of these factors in detail and fix the error instantly. For further information, connect with our Epson Printer Support.
Solutions To Fix The Epson Printer Communication Error
Follow the solution we have discussed below to fix the Epson printer communication error as fast as is feasible:
Solution 1: Reset The Connection
- Disconnect the printer from the power socket and your PC.
- Replace the ethernet cable with a new one and use it for connecting the printer to your PC.
- Plugin the printer to a source of power and turn on the printer as well as the computer.
- Verify whether the Epson printer is able to recognize your PC or not.
Solution 2: Run The Printer Troubleshooter
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and open the Control Panel.
- Type ‘Troubleshooter’ in the search box and press ‘Enter’ to launch the troubleshooter.
- Navigate to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section and select a printer.
- Click on the ‘troubleshoot’ button located at the bottom of the screen.
- The troubleshooter scans your printer and fixes the minor technical glitches.
Solution 3: Update The Printer Driver
- Change the network cable for a wired printer and turn off your printer.
- Unplug the network cable reconnect it to your PC after a few minutes.
- Connect the router as well as the printer to the same network.
- Open Device Manager from the search box and expand the ‘Network and Adapters’ section.
- Find out your printer, right-click on it and select the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- In order to save your time, let Windows search automatically for the updated driver software.
- Windows looks for an updated driver and installs it if it is compatible with your system.
- Execute this task manually if Windows is unable to find the latest driver.
Solution 4: Update The Printer Firmware
- Access the Control Panel and expand the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Select your router and click on the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Right-click on the firmware and click on the ‘Check for Updates’ link.
- Click on the ‘Install Updates’ button next to each of the pending updates and get them on your PC.
- Restart the printer as well as the router to let them accept the changes.
- Connect the Epson printer to your computer and the communication error won’t appear anymore.
Solution 5: Check The Wireless Connection
- Enter ‘Printer scan settings’ in the search box and select it from the list of search results.
- Click on the ‘Network Scanner Address’ link on the ‘Scan settings’ window and tap the ‘Add button.
- Recheck the name of the scanner and click ‘OK.’
- Go back to Command Prompt to fetch the correct proxy server address and make a note of it.
- After that, enter the proxy server address in the appropriate field and click on ‘OK’ again.
- Type ‘ipconfig’ in the Command Prompt window and press ‘Enter’ to get the code for the default gateway.
- Copy the code and paste it to the Command Prompt to access the logging page of the router.
- Use the username and password to log into the router and find the devices to the network.
- If the IP address of the scanner is visible, then enter it in the browser to know the scanner properties.
- If the IP address isn’t visible, then select the scanner application and enter the scanner’s address.
- Finally, click on the ‘Apply’ button to implement all these changes.
Connect With Our Epson Printer Support
The article has clearly explained, “how to fix a communication error on the Epson printer?” Hence, apply the solutions correctly and you are going to fix the error in no time. For additional help, feel free to connect with our Epson Printer Support. We have highly qualified professionals to deal with printer issues. Therefore, make a service request at our Epson Printer Support Number +1-855-789-0292
at the earliest.