6 Simple Ways To Overcome “Canon Printer Won’t Connect” Problem With Easy Hacks
Canon printer is famous for its excellent printing quality. But unfortunately, while you are using the Canon printer, you can encounter the issue, “Canon Printer Won’t Connect”. This leads to huge worries for Canon users on a daily basis. Therefore, we are here with our informative article once again to wipe off this particular problem with Canon printers, where it fails to connect and won’t print a softcopy when you are ready or scan the pages.
Significant Reasons For The Canon Wireless Printer Setup Problem
There are some of the major reasons are responsible for putting the Canon printer won’t connect issue up. Moreover, it damages the scanner functions as well as shows a setup issue.
- Internet connection sluggish issue causes the Canon printer setup issue.
- Canon Installation error is another reason for creating the Printer setup error.
- This issue occurs due to paper jam issues.
- The virus affects the files and corrupts the disk spaces by creating unnecessary junk files.
Fix The Canon Printer Won’t Connect With Easy Technical Steps
Some of the crucial steps to overcome the Canon printer won’t connect issue are here. So, you may try out the steps below and improve the printer’s performance:
Solve The Internet Connection Issue
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable if you are using the Wired connection and connect it again.
- If you find the cable is defective or the port is found as damaged, then repair it as soon as possible. After that, connect the device with the Canon printer and try to take a printout.
- If you are using the Wireless connection, reset the router by holding the Reset key for 2-3 seconds. Check the strength of the signal, if it fluctuates on a frequent basis, then connects with the ISP for getting a flawless internet connection.
Reset The Printing System
- Open the Apple Device and launch Apple menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- In the resultant page, choose the Printers and Scanners option.
- Select the Reset Printing System from the appeared menu.
- Now, it will take a few minutes to complete and when done, reboot the device and the Canon printer.
- Finally, connect the Printer with the device. Check whether the Canon printer won’t connect issue.
For Windows Users,
- Disconnect the Canon printer and remove the USB cables, wires attached with it.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes and re-connect the device.
- Now, press and hold the Power button for 30-45 seconds to restart the Printing device.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box and press Enter key to open the Devices and Printers window.
- In the resultant window, expand the categories and click on the Printer.
- Here, you can see the name of the Canon printing device. Right-click on the Printer driver.
- Choose Uninstall from the appeared pop-up menu.
- Confirm the process by tapping on the Yes button from the resultant dialog box.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the printer removal process. When done, reboot the Printer as well as the device to check whether Canon printer is working or not.
Solve The Paper Jam Issue
- Open the front lid of the Canon Printer and remove all the torn papers as well as clean the debris if any.
- Check whether any solid articles or any other obstacles between the paper feed tray and the front cover. Now clean them properly and remove all dirt.
- Reconnect the Canon printer with the PC and the power outlet.
- Switch on the scanner and try to take a softcopy whether the paper jam is fixed or not.
Update The System And The Printer Driver
- Click on the Start button and select the Settings icon (gear) from the Start menu.
- From the resultant window, choose Update & Security section.
- Click on the Windows Update from there and tap on the Check for updates button simultaneously.
- If the latest version is available, then click on Install to start the installation process.
- The step will take a few minutes to run and when done, reboot the system. Finally, reboot the system successfully.
- Go to the Device Manager window. Choose the Canon printer device.
- Right-click on it and select the Update Driver. Click Yes to confirm and restart the printer once done.
Remove The Malware
- Download and install antivirus software from an authentic website.
- Double-click on the System Security Software icon and open the antivirus window.
- Click on Scan for virus and choose either Quick Scan or Full Scan according to your choice.
- It will take several ties to run and identify the virus infected files.
- Tap on Disinfect to kill the malware. When done, restart the system in normal mode.
Connect With Us At Our Canon Printer Support
If you come across the “Canon printer won’t connect” issue and you are not a tech-savvy person, then it becomes very difficult to resolve this annoying issue. Hence, our Canon Printer Technical Support Team is enough experienced to tackle the Canon wireless printer setup issue effectively. So, you can place a call at our Canon Printer Customer Support Number +1-888-223-5549 for a technical solution.