Canon MG3620 Paper Jam [Easy Hacks]
Canon MG3620 printer is an inkjet all-in-one printer that offers simplicity and superb convenience to fulfill all of your printing requirements. You can also scan and print from anywhere in your office or home with its Wi-Fi technology.
Despite being several amazing features, it has some flaws as well. Canon MG3620 paper jam is one of them. You might face this issue due to various factors. Most of the time, this problem occurs due to the problems in the output and input tray.
Furthermore, the dirty print feed rollers or defective carriage can also trigger this problem. However, there are several solutions that we have gathered here to solve this issue.
How to Fix a Paper Jam Canon MG3620?
Here we have provided the solutions for the paper jamming issue that can occur in the following situations:
Paper is Jammed Inside the Printer:
First of all, check if the paper is stuck inside the printer. To check this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, turn the printer Off and then disconnect the power cable from the power supply.
- Afterward, open the output cover of the device and then remove the paper from the front tray of the device.
- Now, check the FINE cartridge holder if there are any jammed paper. In case there is any jammed paper, move the cartridge holder to the left or right side to remove the paper.
Note: While moving the FINE cartridge holder, hold and slide it gently to the left or right edge.
- Next, hold the jammed paper with your hands and if you see that the paper is rolled up, you can pull it out.
- Now, pull the paper gently not to tear it and then remove it.
- Lastly, you can close the output cover of the printer and then reload the paper once again to run a test print.
Paper Is Jammed inside the Paper Output Slot:
If the paper is jammed at the paper output slot, then you can pull out the output tray slowly and hold the paper with your hands. Then, remove the jammed paper not to tear it. Afterward, reload the paper and then press the Color or Black button from the control panel of the device.
- Don’t remove the paper from the front tray of the device even if you see that there are jammed paper inside it. Removing the paper forcefully from the input tray might damage your printer.
- If you are unable to pull out the paper, then turn the printer off and wait for a few seconds. Afterward, turn it On. Now, you will see that the paper is ejected automatically.
- If you need to turn the device off while printing, then you can press cancel the printing job by pressing the Stop button.
Paper Is Jammed inside the Printer at the Transport Unit:
If you see that there is no jammed paper at the output tray, then you can check if there are jammed paper inside the transport unit. Remove the jammed paper by following the steps mentioned below:
- Turn the device Off and then stand it with the right side facing down.
Note: You have to make sure that the document cover is not opened while standing the device. Try to stand the printer on a flat and wide surface (e.g. desk). You need to hold the device securely while standing the printer and be careful not to affect any hard object.
- If you see that the protective tape is still there in the transport unit, remove it to proceed to the further steps.
- Now, open the transport unit by pushing the open lever. Then, hold the printer using your hands so that it doesn’t fall down while opening the transport unit.
- After that, remove the jammed paper gently.
Note: If you see that the paper is rolled up and it is quite difficult to pull them out, then you can grasp the edges of the paper to remove them easily.
- Now, you can close the transport unit and place the device in its original position.
- Next, turn the device On and reload the paper.
- Lastly, run a test print to check whether the problem is resolved.
Additional Solutions: Clean the Paper Feed Rollers
After checking all the above situations, if you notice that you are still facing the same problem, then you can try this solution to check if it can help you to get rid of this problem.
You can clean the paper feed rollers to solve this issue. Basically, paper feed rollers are tiny rubber that is round in shape. It allows feeding the paper of the printer within the printing device.
If those rollers go dirty or dusty, then it can trigger this issue. To clean this, first, turn off the device and disconnect the power cable.
Afterward, raise the paper tray and check it. Then, check the gray paper pick roller and another paper tray of your printer. Take a paper napkin or dust-free cloth and wet it with purified water.
Now, press the cloth against the roller and rotate them upward. Thereafter, apply moderate pressure to the rollers to let them dry completely.
Lastly, reconnect the device and turn it On. Reload the paper and then run a test print to check whether the ‘Canon Pixma MG3620 paper jam’ issue is resolved.