How To Fix Canon MG3022 Offline
Canon MG3022 printer users often complain that their printer is going to offline mode while trying to print. Mostly, connectivity and network problems are responsible for this problem.
Are you getting stuck with the same issue? Then you need to fix it as soon as possible, otherwise, you will not be able to use this printer anymore. If you are unaware of how to solve the Canon MG3022 offline issue, then you can go through the section below to get rid of this problem.
Proven Solutions to Fix ‘Canon MG3022 Says Offline’ Issue:
Here we are going to describe some simple hacks through which you can solve this issue easily. Hence, take a quick glance at the solutions stated below:
Procedure 1: Reconnect the Printer to Wi-Fi
Before applying any complicated solutions, you can rebuild the connection between the network and the printer to check if it solves the problem. Here’s how to do this:
- In the beginning, press the Wi-Fi button and hold it for a few seconds until the Wi-Fi light indicator started to blink.
- Once you see that the indicator blinking constantly, head over to the router and then press the WPS button.
Now, the printer will start to search for the available network and the indicator will also keep blinking. It also keeps the same while connecting to the router. Once the device connects successfully to the network, the indicator will remain lit.
If you want to use another method to connect with the network, then you can do it by configuring the settings of the printer. Follow the below steps to do this:
- First of all, tap on the ‘Wireless LAN setup’ option from the ‘LAN settings.’
- Afterward, the device will start to search for the available networks.
- Once you locate the network, press the OK button.
- Now, the device will prompt you to enter the password.
- After entering the login credentials, it will connect to the network properly.
If these steps don’t fix the problem, then you can move on to the other solutions provided below.
Procedure 2: Restart the Print Spooler Service
The print spooler service manages the printing job that is sent by the computer. Usually, this service is noticeable by the users and it can stop the current printing job. It also helps the users to manage the printing jobs that are currently on the waitlist.
Hence, you can restart the print spooler service to solve the ‘Canon MG3022 offline’ issue. To do this, follow the steps carefully given below:
In the beginning, press the Windows key and R both at the same time from the keyboard and then type “services.msc” in the Run box. Hit the Enter key to open the list of services that are available on the computer.
Now, search for the ‘Print Spooler’ service by scrolling down the list and click twice on it. Once it opens the Properties section of Print Spooler Service, you can tap on the Start button underneath the system status and apply the changes by clicking on the OK button.
Since you have turned the print spooler service off, so now you can delete the printer files from your computer. Press the E and Win key simultaneously to open the Quick Access. Afterward, go to the ‘This PC’ section located at the left pane of the screen.
Now, go to the location ‘C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.’ To do this, it is required to have Admin permission. So, tap on the Continue button from the pop-up box.
Once it opens the folder, go to the Printers folder and then delete all the files. Afterward, exit from the window.
Next, you have to go back to the Services tab. Then Start the ‘Print Spooler’ service once again. Afterward, tap on the drop-down button of the ‘Startup Type’ option and then choose the ‘Automatic’ option.
Lastly, restart the system and then try to print a document. Check if the issue is fixed. Otherwise, you can try other solutions stated below.
Procedure 3: Reinstall the Printer Driver
You can also face the ‘Canon MG3022 is offline’ issue due to some driver problems. Hence, you can uninstall the printer driver and then try to install it again to get rid of this issue.
How to Reinstall the Canon MG3022 Printer Driver?
- At first, invoke the Run Command box and type “devmgmt.msc” in the input field.
- Tap on the OK button to launch the Device Manager window. (or, you can press Enter to continue).
- Search for Canon printer driver from the print queues. Once you get that, right-click on it and select the ‘Uninstall device’ option from the list.
- Once the uninstallation process completes, visit the official website of Canon and then search for the latest version of the driver by using the model number of the printer.
- Afterward, click twice on the downloaded file and then complete the installation process by following the on-screen guidance.
After reinstalling the driver, if you see that the problem is still not resolved, then you can perform the next solutions provided below.
Procedure 4: Disable ‘Use Printer Offline’ from Settings
Another solution that can solve this issue is turning off the ‘Use Printer Offline’ feature from the settings of the printer. It will make sure that the printer only prints when you connect it with your computer. You also can revert this setting back if it doesn’t solve the problem.
Here are the steps that you can follow to do this:
- In the beginning, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu.
- Click twice on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option to open it.
- Next, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ category from the next window.
- Afterward, right-click on the Canon printer and then tap on the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Now, tap on the Printer option from the upper left pane of the screen.
- Thereafter, you have to confirm that the ‘Use printer offline’ box is unticked.
- After doing this, tap on the ‘Cancel all documents’ option.
Lastly, try to connect the printer once again and check whether the issue is fixed.
Procedure 5: Uncheck the ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ option
SNMP or Simple Network Management Protocol is used to manage the network. It also collects the data from the device and then manages them accordingly. You can disable this protocol and then check if the issue is fixed. You can perform the steps listed below:
- Open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu.
- Then, go to the ‘Hardware and Devices’ category from the Control Panel window.
- Search for the name of your printer by scrolling down the list of options and right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Printer Properties’ option from the list.
- Afterward, go to the Ports tab and then click on the ‘Configure Port’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ option to clear it.
- Lastly, tap on the OK button to apply the change and then you can close the window.
After that, you can try to print something on your printer to check if the issue is fixed.
Hopefully, after executing the above hacks, you will be able to experience a hassle-free printing and no longer you will get Canon MG3022 offline issue.