Canon MG2900 Printer Not Responding: How To Deal With It
Canon MG2900 is a popular printer model with multiple features and a user-friendly interface. However, due to certain major to minor technical glitches, you may notice that Canon MG2900 printer not responding quite often.
There can be various factors that are responsible for this problem. Some of the prominent factors include outdated printer driver, interference from third-party security suite or Windows firewall, and many more.
If you are experiencing this error and wondering how to resolve it, you can follow the underlying instructions.
Troubleshooting Tips When Canon MG2900 Series Printer not Responding
Here are the reliable workarounds that you can try whenever the Canon printer not responding somehow. But, you need to apply the below cited fixes in the same order as instructed.
Before proceeding with any critical method, you must follow the basic troubleshooting. If you are using a USB cable to connect your printer, then check whether it is properly connected or not. If the USB cable gets damaged or corrupted, then you can replace it with a new one.
In the case of wireless printers, verify your connection status and devices such as modems and routers. Also, check whether your printer is properly connected with the wireless network or within the coverage. So, replace or reconnect the network cable if required.
If you connect your Canon MG2900 via Bluetooth, then be sure that your printer is close enough to your system.
Check the Security Suite and Firewall
In most cases, the Canon MG2900 printer may not respond due to certain interference of security suite or Windows firewall. This situation especially occurs if you are using a wireless printer.
To overcome this situation, we suggest you disable both of the Real-Time protection and Windows firewall.
Instructions to Disable Windows Firewall:
Follow these instructions to disable the Windows Firewall.
- Press the Windows logo along with the R key to launch the Run window.
- Inside the dialog box write “Control” and hit the Enter key.
- Once you access the Control Panel window, choose the “System and Security” link from the appeared menu,
- Afterward, tap on “Windows Firewall” and drag the feature from ‘On’ to ‘Off’.
- From the confirmation dialog box, choose the “Turn off Windows Firewall” option.
Lastly, save the recent changes by tapping on the Apply button as well as the OK button.
Instructions to Turn Off the Real-Time Protection:
Here are the instructions that should be performed in order to disable the real-time protection.
- Open the Windows Start menu and go to the “Settings”.
- Under the Settings window, choose the “Update and Security” from the appeared menu.
- Go to the “Windows Security” and choose the “Virus & threat protection” option.
- Thereafter, select the “Real-time protection” feature and turn it off.
- Apply the new changes by tapping the OK button twice.
After disabling both of the real-time protection and Windows Firewall, verify whether the Canon MG2900 printer is responding or not.
Utilize the Printer Troubleshooter
Printer Troubleshooter is a built-in utility that comes up with every version of the Windows Operating System. Whenever you confront any sorts of printer related bugs and glitches, we suggest you run the Printer Troubleshooter. This will detect and repair the internal problems that might make the device unresponsive.
Firstly, press the “Windows logo + I” keys. This will launch the Windows Settings. Once the Settings invokes, navigate to the “Update and Security” section and select the “Troubleshoot” option from the context menu.
From the result window, select your printer and hit the “Run the Troubleshooter” button. Now, the Printer Troubleshooter will scan your entire device and look for the internal bugs and glitches due to which the Canon printer not responding. After detecting the problem, it will repair the errors automatically.
Set the Canon MG2900 as Default Printer
You might require to verify if the unresponsive printer is the default one. Mostly, Windows 10 has “Let Windows manage my default printer” option enabled in it. This configures the printer you printed with recently as your default one. Therefore, try to disable the option and choose your default printer by following the instructions.
- Open the Cortana search box and enter “Default Printer”. Hit the Enter key to proceed further.
- In the next window, choose the “Change Default Printer” button. Next, search for the “Let Windows Manage my Default Printer” option. Once you find it, turn it off by tapping on the “Disable” button.
- Open the Control Panel and go to the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Inside this tab, the default printer will be highlighted with a green checkmark.
- Choose the alternative printer and hit the “Set as Default” printer button from the resultant menu.
Once it is done, reboot the device in order to let the new changes take effect.
Configure the Canon MG2900 Properly
If your Canon MG2900 printer is not properly configured, then the occurrence of such error is quite a common event, To prevent such circumstances, try to configure the Canon MG2900 printer properly.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and choose “Device and Printers”
- Inside the “Device and Printers” section, try to locate your Canon MG2900 printer.
- From the available list, right-tap on the Canon MG2900 printer and open its “Properties”.
- Then, initiate the “Ports” tab and ensure that the proper port is selected.
- Hit the Apply button a well as the OK button in order to save the new modifications.
After configuring the Canon MG2900, the error should be eliminated from your device.
Refresh the Print Spooler Service
At times, certain issues with the Print Spooler service can be the reason why the Canon MG2900 printer not responding. To resolve such errors, attempt to reboot the Print Spooler Service.
Step 1: Open the Run dialog box and write “Services.msc” in it. From the appeared menu, locate and choose the Print Spooler service.
Step 2: Right-tap on the Print Spooler service and open its “Properties” from the drop-down menu. Now, set the “Startup type” to “Automatic”.
Step 3: If the service is already running, hit the “Stop” button and wait for a while. Afterward, select the “Start” button to restart the service.
In the end, save the recent modifications and choose the OK button.
Update or Reinstall the Printer Driver
An outdated or corrupted printer driver can trigger various issues due to which the Canon MG2900 printer may not be responding. But, this problem can be easily sorted out by installing the latest printer driver. To proceed with this solution, you can follow the underlying instructions.
Instructions to Update the Printer Driver
- Inside the Run dialog box, enter “devmgmt.msc” and hit the OK button. Once the Device Manager option comes up on the top search result, tap on it and invoke the window.
- Under the Device Manager window, you will find all the programs and drivers that are installed on your device.
- From the appeared list, right-tap on the printer drivers in their respective manner and hit the “Update Drivers” option.
- Let the Windows search for the available driver by tapping on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
If the updates are available, then Window will download them automatically, Once the downloading process gets completed, install the update on your device by following the on-screen instructions.
Instructions to reinstall the Printer Driver
- Initiate the Settings and go to the “Devices” option.
- Under the Devices section, tap on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- From the list, choose the printer driver you want to remove.
- Hit the “Delete” button to confirm the process and tap on the OK button.
After removing the printer driver, go to the official website of Canon and install the latest drivers.
Hopefully, after accomplishing the above-introduced fixes, you will be able to resolve the situation where the Canon MG2900 printer not responding.