How to Fix Canon Error Code b200
Canon error code b200 usually signifies that there are some problems with the printhead or maybe it has died completely. The situation is rather common and has influenced a lot of users lately.
However, to resolve this error b200, keep reading this guide where we have mentioned some of the techniques to get rid of it. You just need to go through and apply them carefully.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code b200?
At first, unplug the printer and check if it resolves the error for you. As many users claim that this has resolved the error for them by just unplugging the printer. If the problem persists even after doing so, then we recommend you to follow some of the fixes given below.
Fix 1: Replace the Uncertain Ink Cartridges
Canon printer error code b200 can be correlated with the ink cartridges and thus it is preferable to replace it by following the steps given below. However, before starting the fix, make sure to tuck in a cloth below the printer to avoid any ink spill.
- Turn on the printer and open its front panel.
- Once it gets raised and stable, let the ink cartridges move to its place.
- As soon as it does, lift the small lever resided at the left or right side of the ink cartridge and remove the cartridges one by one.
- Now, unpack the new cartridges and remove the small-cap/tape from it carefully.
- Install the cartridges within the printer by pushing it in individually. Keep note that during the entire time, the label should be facing out.
- As soon as it slides easily within the machine, push the lever to lock it and close the printer cover.
Fix 2: Remove and Clean Printhead
Removing the printhead and cleaning it subsequently has resolved this error easily for many users. Thus, try doing the same by following the steps given below sequentially.
- Turn on your printer and open the paper output tray by holding the sides of it carefully
- Open the document cover and make sure not to touch buttons or screen of the operation panel.
- Now, open the ink cover and wait for some time so that the print head can lead to its replacement position. Make sure not to force stop or overpower it.
- Now, push the ink tank tab and then remove it from the printer.
- Do the same for all other ink tanks.
- Again, press and hold the Stop button till the print head carriage returns to the replacement position.
- Open the inner cover and push it to the bottom. Now, draw the carriage tray to the front side of the machine. On doing so, you may feel that the rear side of the Head Set lever clashes with the backside of the front edge. Now the Head Set Lever will come forward.
- Pull out the print head through your fingertips to remove it from the scanner.
Clean your printhead nicely by using alcohol and cue tips and wait for it to dry completely before using it. After doing so, check whether the issue got resolved or not. However, if the problem still persists, then jump to the next fix mentioned after this.
Fix 3: Update your Canon Printer Driver
An outdated Canon printer driver can cause such errors as well and thus it is important to update it for an easy fix. To do so, all you have to do is navigate to the official website of Canon and look for your Canon printer model. After that, download and install the driver for your printer and check if the error resolves or not.
Fix 4: Turn your Printer Off and Open its Cover
This solution sounds weird but it has helped many users to get rid of this error easily. Thus, all you have to do is turn off your printer and then open its cover. Now, again turn the printer on and wait for the cartridges to move to the left.
As soon as it is about to move to the left side or is halfway through, close the printer cover and keep the printer on. Keep note that the printer should be closed as soon as the cartridges move halfway to the left. This should resolve the error for you and it should start working absolutely accurately.
Fix 5: Check your Printer Thoroughly
Many times this error can occur due to any obstructions within the printer and thus it is important to check for them and remove them simultaneously. Apart from that, you should also check other parameters like whether the ink levels within your Canon printer cartridges are sufficient enough or not.
Moreover, this error can also occur due to any clogged ink cartridges as well and thus it is recommended to remove it from the Control Panel of the printer. Moreover, you can also perform this process manually as well. Get rid of the obstructions and then see if the error code resolves or not. If not, then follow the fix mentioned after this.
Fix 6: Press Both the Power and Copy Button
Apart from all the fixes listed above, another way following which you should be able to resolve this error code is by pressing both the Power and Copy button subsequently for some time.
Performing this step should start the printer.
Now all you have to do is perform a nozzle check to see if the error is resolved or not. You can do so by following the steps given below.
- Check if the printer is on and then insert the A4 size papers within the printer.
- Open the paper tray carefully and then the Output Tray Extensions.
- Now press the menu button and use the arrows to go to Settings. Further, press the On button.
- Again, use the arrows to select Maintenance and then press Ok
- Now, select Nozzle check through the arrows and press Ok again. This will display the pattern print confirmation screen.
- Select Yes with the help of arrows and then press the Ok button.
- Check the nozzle check pattern. See if there are any missing lines within the printed pattern or if there are any horizontal streaks within it.
Besides, if the problem still persists, then maybe it’s time to get rid of the ink tank holder and purchase a new one. Thus, replace the ink tank holder with a new one and check whether the error resolves for you or not. Apart from that, you can also try restarting both your printer and the system to get rid of this issue instantly.
We hope the fixes that are mentioned above would help you to get rid of the Canon error code b200 without any hassle.