A Complete Guide On How To Change Ink In Epson Printer
After a moderate or heavy use of your Epson printer, you may need to change the ink of it. This is because after printing some documents the cartridge becomes empty. Thus, to print the documents with your printer any further you need to refill the ink. Also, sometimes if after refilling the cartridge, users find any issue then they might need to change the ink as well. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some simple hacks on how to change ink in Epson printer. So, go through this guide thoroughly and learn more about it.
Possible Reasons to Change Ink in Epson Printer
You may need to change the ink on your Epson printer under the following circumstances:
- If the ink in the cartridge is finished then you may need to change the ink on your cartridge.
- Sometimes, due to the use of a defective ink cartridge in the printer, you might face some problem while printing a document. Thus to fix this problem on your printer you may need to change the ink cartridge.
Effective Ways for Epson Ink Replacement
The effective ways to replace ink in the Epson printer are as follows:
- Checking the ink levels.
- Remove and Install the ink cartridge.
Hence, we are going to discuss the methods.
Method 1: Check the ink levels
It is very important to check the ink levels on your cartridge before you are replacing it. Sometimes, the printer might not print due to some other problems. Thus, follow these steps to check the ink level on your printer:
- First, press the House icon or Home key on your printer.
- Then, navigate to the Setup option and press the OK key.
- Now, you will get the option Ink Levels at the top.
- After that, choose the option OK to see the ink level.
- Now, you will get to view the ink level on the LCD display.
Method 2: Remove and install the ink cartridge
If the ink in the cartridge is finished then remove the ink cartridge and install it in this way:
- First, turn on your Epson printer and pull the scanner unit.
- Then, push the Stop key
- After that, press the tab on the cartridge and pull up the cartridge to remove it from the printer.
- Now, shake the cartridge slightly for four to five times before opening the pack.
- Next, remove the yellow tape from the side of the cartridge.
- Thereafter, push the ink cartridge in the holder and press it down till it fits in its place.
- Then, push the tab down to close the scanner unit and push the Stop key.
- Now, the print head will move to its initial position and will begin to charge the ink.
Once, the charging is completed your printer is ready for use.
Problems faced after Replacing the Ink
After refilling the ink on your printer you might face some problems due to these reasons:
- If you have not sealed the cartridge after refilling it then the ink might leak inside the printer.
- In case you are using an uncleaned refill syringe to fill the ink in the cartridge then it might lead to a serious problem. You might have to change the printer.
- An issue might also occur on pressing the print key right after refilling the ink in the cartridge.
Thus, be very careful while refilling the ink in the cartridge.
In this article, we have provided proper guidance on how to change ink in the Epson printer. Hence, go through all the methods one by. In case, you face any problem after refilling the ink in the cartridge, then you can contact us at our customer care number +1-855-789-0292 for further assistance.