Amazing Ways to Add a Wireless or Network Printer in Windows 10
Be it in saving time or improving the quality of work, electronic gadgets have become a great savior to professionals around the world. Among many advanced devices, printers have secured a remarkable place by eliminating the heavy load of paperwork in a short span.
To keep your efficiency unharmed and make your printer run smoothly, you need to ensure that the settings and configurations of your device are correct. You need to take care of several factors such as connectivity of the printer, version of the OS, etc. Availability of the printer driver and IP address is also essential for the successful completion of the printer installation process. Sometimes, the guidelines mentioned in the printer manual might not help you much in performing the printer setup process. We have tried to give you a brief idea to clear your thoughts about how to add a network printer in Windows 10 within a short span.
A Thorough Insight into the Method of Adding a Printer to Windows 10 OS:
Correct installation of the printer on the Windows OS involves many complex steps, some of which are discussed below.
- Plug in the USB cable to your printer to connect it with your PC or laptop
- Tap on the “Settings’ option from the Start menu
- Switch on the printer
- Click on “devices”
- Click on “Add a printer or scanner”
- Allow your Windows 10 OS to detect the printer
- Click on your printer’s name from the list of printers displayed on the screen
- Perform all remaining steps as per the instructions given by the server to finish the printer setup process
With the instructions mentioned above, you can easily solve your query of how to add a network printer in Windows 10. But you need to remember that the process is not applicable to other operating systems. Despite following these useful steps, you might still face difficulty to configure your printer on the Windows 10 OS.
How can a Printer Driver help to Configure Printer on the Windows 10 OS?
The printer driver cd generally comes free with the printer kit. People who are amateur in handling electronic devices can insert the cd into their computers and complete the printer installation process. Apply the steps mentioned below to run the printer setup process with the help of the driver CD.
- Connect your printer to the PC or laptop through the USB cable
- Switch on the laptop and also turn on your printer by plugging in the power cord with the power source
- Place the printer driver CD into the CD drive of your PC and wait for the instructions to appear on the screen
- As soon as the installation wizard finishes, you will receive a message confirming the completion of the installation process
- Open the “Start menu” from the taskbar and then select “Printers and faxes” to confirm the availability of your printer
In case the printer driver is unavailable Windows 10, you can install the printer by using the IP address. You can avail the IP address by taking a test page from the printer. The next paragraph will shed light when it comes to how you can connect your printer to the Windows 10 OS using the IP address.
Smart Tricks to Add Your Printer to the Windows 10 OS using IP Address
This method is generally used for installing the wireless printer to the Windows OS. However, you can also setup your wired printer through this process only when the printer is pre-installed with the Ethernet port. Follow the steps explained below to install your printer to the Windows 10 OS in the absence of printer driver.
- Select “Start” and write “advanced print” in the search option
- Choose “Advanced printer setup“ from the list displayed on the screen
- Select “The printer that I want isn’t listed“
- Choose “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname”
- Tap on “Next“
- Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list
- Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer
- Tap on “Next“
In case the above mentioned process fails to give you any fruitful result, you should consult with an expert team. Only a specialist can help you with the best ways to setup the printer when the printer driver is unavailable in Windows 10.
ALSO READ: Choose from Top 10 AirPrint Printers of 2018
Wondering How to Setup Your Wireless Printer On Windows 10 OS?
In case you are encountering a situation in which the printer driver cd is unavailable, follow few steps which will help you to successfully add wireless printer Windows 10.
- Double click on the Windows Key + Q and open the virtual assistant software of Microsoft Windows 10, named Cortana
- Type “printer” in the right filed
- Select “Printers & Scanners”
- Choose “Add a printer or scanner”
- Opt for “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
- Select “Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer”
- Choose the connected printer
Despite making several attempts, if you fail to add wireless printer Windows 10, do not panic. Experts with thorough knowledge about printers can guide you regarding the proper printer installation process.
Solve Printer Setup Related Issues by ContactingOur Experts at the Earliest
We at Printers Repair Near Me have skilled printer technicians in our team who are adept at handling any critical issue with your printer. We have a good reputation among our customers for providing efficient printer repair services. Our experts attend to the printer errors which keep occurring when you try to scan or print a document and instantly offer you with brilliant fixes. If you have any query regarding our services or if you are finding it difficult to reach our repair center, you can call us any time by dialing our printer support number +1-855-789-0292 and avail guidance from our experts. In addition, you can drop an email to us and receive a call back within the next 24 hours. We are also available over our live chat through which you can talk to our experts in real-time during the busy hours of the day.