Easy Hacks to Fix Epson Printer Head Cleaning Doesn’t Work
If you have an Epson printer and the prints are coming out faint or if it has streaked lines, then there is a chance that your printer has a clogged nozzle. Epson printer head cleaning doesn’t work is the common problem faced by almost every Epson users. If and when you face this error, you will face problems with using the printer for standard printing tasks. In addition, the printing quality may become very low. But dont worry, Here we will discuss some easy ways to clean the printer head. Just keep reading this article.
Ways To Clean The Epson Printer Head
Here we have discussed some easy ways to overcome the situation when your Epson printer head cleaning doesn’t work. Just follow the methods below:
Printhead Cleaning Cycles
Epson printer models have a longer cleaning cycle than most of the printers available in the market. But before performing any steps make sure that your printer does not show any error on the screen. Here are the steps:
- Press the Home button and select the Setup option.
- Then, select the Maintenance option.
- After that, select the Printhead Nozzle Check option.
- Now, you can see that the Epson printer produces a page consisting of four colored grids.
- If no gap is present between the grids, then select the Done option.
- If there is any gap, then you can select Clean the Printhead option.
Do not turn off the printer during the cleaning cycle.
Clean The Sponges With Distilled Water
- First, turn on the printer and open the printhead. Now, you can see the printhead assembly and the sponges.
- The sponges collect the ink from the port. Now, using an eyedropper soak the sponges with distilled water.
- After that, let the distilled water set for a few minutes. For the best result, you can let the printer soak for overnight.
After performing the above process, you should see that the printer head is cleaned properly and your prints are coming out cleaner.
Clean the printhead with paper towels
You can clean the printhead with the help of paper towels to overcome Epson printer head cleaning doesn’t work error. To do it:
- Turn off the printer and open the printer head.
- Now, apply several drops of distilled water and move the print head assembly over the paper towel for around fifteen minutes.
- Move the printhead device over the paper towel to let it rest for a few minutes and then you will see a collection of black ink.
- Repeat this step for 4-5 times for good results.
- Now, turn on the printer. Make sure that the printhead is in its original position.
- Print several pages to check if each of the port is cleaned.
Head Cleaning Utility
Turn on the printer and press the ink button until the cartridges move to its original position. Make sure that ink out light is not flushing. You can not clean the print head if the ink out light is flashing. Now, access the printer driver. Go to the Utility tab and then, select the Head cleaning button. While performing the cleaning cycle you can see that the power light and the ink light are flashing continuously. After a certain time, the power flashing light will stop. After that, click on the Print Nozzle Check pattern from the head cleaning dialog box. Then, confirm it.
Using a Control Panel Button To Clean The Printer Head
To clean the printer head using the control panel buttons, follow the steps mentioned below :
- At first, make assured that the power key is switched on and the ink buttons lights are off.
- Now press and hold the ink button for a few seconds.
- Now, you can see the printer starts cleaning the printer head and the power key and ink key is flashing.
Now, try to print several pages until you see that the printing quality is improved.
Avail The best-in-class Assistance At Your Fingertips
Hope, performing one of the above solutions you can overcome Epson printer head cleaning doesn’t work issue. Or you can contact us if you find any problem while performing the above methods. Hence, if your printer has some issues, then you can reach to our support team. To make a service request, call us at Support Number +1-855-789-0292. Instead of placing a call, you can also drop a mail at our Email ID or avail our live chat service and obtain instant suggestions from experts.