Canon Scanner Not Working Windows 10 : Trending Hacks To Lift It Off
The issue, Canon scanner not working Windows 10 is very common. Generally, while upgrading the computer to Windows 10 many users encounter this problem. It so happens that while upgrading their Windows OS, some of the system files get corrupted which might lead to this issue. So, if you are facing this problem, there is no need to worry about. Since this is a common issue, this can happen to anyone. Thus, follow the guidelines to fix the Canon scanner not working Windows 10 problem.
Possible Causes For Canon MX860 Scanner Not Working Windows 10
It is important to know that The Canon MX680 scanner not working Windows 10 error is caused after upgrading to Windows 10. There, the configuration of the scanner might have changed due to which the users face this complication. Furthermore, the driver might not be compatible with Windows 10, which leads to this problem. In many cases, while upgrading to Windows 10, the power plan might have been changed on your scanner, due to which the scanner is not working.
Step-wise Guidance To Resolve Canon Scanner Not Working Windows 10
By following these methods one by one you can resolve the issue Canon scanner not working Windows 10 without any difficulties:
- Repairing the corrupted system files.
- Configuring the related services.
- Updating the driver for your scanner.
- Creating a power plan.
Repairing The Corrupted System Files
To repair the corrupted system files follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key and the letter R together from the keyboard.
- Then, type the command ‘cmd’ in the Run box and press the Enter key.
- Now, in the Command Prompt type ‘sfc/ scannow’ and press the Enter key from the keyboard to check the corrupted system files and repair it.
Configuring The Related Services
To configure the related services follow the underlying instructions:
- Press the Windows key and the letter R simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Then, in Run window type ‘services.msc’ and choose the option OK in the box.
- After that, click on Name below the Shell Hardware Detection,
- Thereafter, right-click on Name and choose Properties.
- In case, the Service Status stops, you must choose the Start menu and click OK.
Updating The Driver For Your Scanner
If the outdated driver is the possible reason behind the Canon Scanner not working Windows 10, then updating the driver is the best way to resolve the issue. Hence, follow the steps to update the driver of your scanner:
Manually Updating The Scanner Driver
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘Device Manager’ in the search panel and press the Enter key.
- Next, right-click on the option for scanner and select the Update Driver option.
- Thereafter, click Search Automatically to check for updates.
- Eventually, download and install the updates.
Automatically Updating The Scanner Driver
To update the driver automatically open the official website of Canon scanner and then, update it by choosing the model number.
Creating a Power Plan
Users have noticed that they are facing this issue due to the USB power which gets inside the scanner. Therefore, the simplest way to resolve this problem is to use the computer in Power Saving mode while you are scanning for some documents. Hence, to enable the power saving mode on your computer follow the steps:
- Press, the Battery icon present at the extreme left of the Taskbar.
- Then choose the Power Saver to activate the Power saving mode.
Thus, you can fix the Canon MX680 scanner not working Windows 10 issue and continue with the scanning process.
Go through the methods one by one, to resolve the issue. In case, you face any issue while resolving it, then place your queries in the comment section.