Effective Ways To Fix Canon Printer Not Detected Windows 10
Canon printer not detected Windows 10 in case there is an outdated or corrupted driver. Most of the time Windows users face this problem when they try to update the Operating System. Additionally, the power outage issue can also lead to this problem.
Because of this error, you won’t be able to continue the printing procedure. Thus, you need to know the exact solutions that can resolve the problem at the earliest.
Effective Tricks to Fix the Canon Printer Not Detected Windows 10
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Set Canon Printer Under Unspecified Device State
At first, you need to check if your Canon printer is enlisted under the unspecified device date or not. Then, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Go to the Start menu by selecting the Start icon.
- Navigate to the Settings option and then click on the Devices option.
- Thereafter, you need to go to the left pane and select the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Now, go to the Appeared menu and click on the Related Settings option.
- Next, go to the “Devices and Printers” option to open the Devices list.
- After that, you need to select your Canon printer’s name and icon.
- In the end, make sure that it is mentioned under the Unspecified section.
Solution 2: Verify Printer’s Compatibility and the Review Setting
If you verify the printer’s compatibility and the Review setting, then you will be able to fix this issue. To verify the compatibility of your printer with the OS, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, select the Control Panel option.
- After that, go to the Appeared Menu and then click on the “Hardware and Sound” option.
- Now, click on the “Devices and Printers’ option and also check the printer’s information.
Sometimes, you might find that your Canon printer is not set as the Default one. Then, change the Settings and follow the below-mentioned steps properly:
- At first, open the Settings Window.
- After that, go to the Queue Window and click on the Devices option.
- Thereafter, go to the left pane of the window and then click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Now, go to the menu to select the “Let Windows manage my default printer” option and then, just turn it off.
- In the end, you need to restart the system and then check whether this issue persists or not.
Solution 3: Execute Windows Update Process
You always need to keep the Windows system up-to-date. If you want to verify and install the Windows Update, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- At first, click on the Start button.
- Then, go to the Search Dialogue Box and enter “Windows Update”.
- Now, go to the Windows Update Settings” option and then click on the “Check for Update” option.
- Thereafter, if the updates are available, then follow all the on-screen instructions.
- In the end, restart your device and check whether this issue exists or not.
Solution 4: Update the Driver
If the drivers are not updated, then you might face this issue. Hence, you need to update it. To update the drivers, go through the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, open the Run window. For that, click on the Windows logo and R key at the same time on the keyboard.
- After that, go to the Dialog Box and then enter “devmgmt.msc”. Thereafter, select the Enter option.
- Then, go to the “Top Search Result” option and then click on the Device Manager option.
- Now, you need to select the outdated drivers. After that, click on the “Update Driver” option.
- In the end, go to the “Search Automatically For Updated Driver software” option and then click on the “Install Updates” option.
Solution 5: Detach USB from the Printer
After completing the updating procedure, restart your device and detach the printer’s USB cable. After that, go through the steps mentioned here.
- At first, open the Settings window and then click on the Device option.
- After that, go to the left pane to select the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Then, choose that printer that you want to add. Navigate to the Appeared Menu and then select the “Remove Device” option.
- After that, go to the “Search Field Box” and enter “Print Management”.
- Next, navigate to the Search Result option and then click on the “All Printers” option.
- Choose your Canon printer and go to the menu and click on the “Delete” option.
Now, reboot your device and attach the printer’s USB cable back. Then, check whether the device is detachable or not.
Solution 6: Remove the Spooler Files
To fix the Canon MP240 printer not detected Windows 10, remove the spooler files and then restart the spooler service. To do this, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- At first, click on the Start option. Go to the Search Dialog Box and then enter “Services”.
- Now, go to the Services window and click on the OK option.
- Next, navigate to the “Print Spooler Service” option and then click on the “Stop” option. Click on the OK option to disable the Print Spooler service.
- Now, go to the Search Box and type “%WINDIR%SYSTEM32spoolprinters”.
- Next, everything needs to remove from that folder. Then, select the OK option twice to confirm the procedure.
- Go back to the Service window and then click on the “Spooler Service” option.
- Click on the OK option to begin the service process. Navigate to the Startup option and then click on the “Automatic” option.
- Lastly, you need to save the new changes and click on the Apply option.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately will help you to resolve the Canon printer not detected Windows 10 without any hassle.