Epson XP 830 Wireless Setup: Easy Guide
Epson XP 830 is a multifunctional printer from the brand of Epson. It can print, copy, scan, and fax. In addition to this, this printer can print up to 14 black and white pages and up to 11 color pages in a minute.
An exciting feature of the Epson XP 830 is the wireless connectivity. Go through this Epson XP 830 Wireless Setup guide to discover and use more features through its wireless connectivity.
How to Perform the Epson XP 830 Wireless Setup?
Firstly, you need proper printer drivers to set up the computer compatible with the printing machine. Download and install the appropriate printer driver on your computer. Then you have to continue with the sections below. We have divided the wireless connections into several sub-sections, so follow one after another.
Wi-Fi Infrastructure Mode for Epson XP-830 Wireless Setup
You can easily connect your Epson XP-830 setup with the computer and the wireless network. Make sure that you have connected your computer to the same wireless network, beforehand. Ensure that you are using a wireless network or an Ethernet connection that is connected to the wireless router. Now, you need to follow the steps cited below.
- Go to the Control Panel of your Epson XP-830 printer. Tap the Home button. Now, choose the Setup option. Go to the Network Setting option. After that, choose the Wi-Fi Setup.
- You have to opt for the Wireless Setup Wizard from the screen. If you are using an Ethernet connection, then don’t forget to disable the wireless connection.
- You can notice all the available wireless networks on the screen. Choose the wireless network that the computer uses. Provide all the network credentials like SSID, password to proceed with the network. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the password.
- Make sure that you are not using the Caps lock key while providing the password. Case sensitivity can waste your time. Tap the Done button when you have ended up.
- Next, you need to finalize the Network Settings by choosing the Proceed button. You can use the Back button if you want to go back to the previous setting.
- You can additionally print a Network Support page just by tapping the Start button. Now, you can see a Network icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
Wi-Fi Direct Mode for Epson XP-830 Wireless Setup
You can easily connect to the computer, the Epson printer, and any access point. You need not necessarily need a wireless router for this wireless mode. Let’s check out how this direct Wi-Fi mode works for your Epson XP-830 printer.
- If you are using any access point, then the Epson XP-830 can support at most 4 access points. You can notice the AP mode enabled on the LCD screen of your Epson XP-830 printer.
- Make sure that you have switched on all the devices. Connect your computer to the same access point that you will use for your Epson XP-830 setup.
- Next, tap the Home button. Navigate the following options one by one: Network> Setup > Wi-Fi Direct Setup. Then, choose the Connection Setup.
- Opt for the Change Password option and then choose the Ok button.
- Provide the password for the Wi-Fi Direct mode. Make sure that the password should have at least 8 characters and should not exceed 22 characters. Use the Arrow keys to go left or right.
- Tap the Done button when you have already provided the password. You can now observe a new screen. Scroll down to discover the name of the network. Use the computer or other wireless devices to connect to the same network.
- Finally, tap the Home button to complete the setup procedure.
If you can see the enabled Access Point icon on the LCD screen of your printer, then your printer is connected to the wireless network.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup for Epson XP-830 Wireless Setup
You can opt for this kind of Wi-Fi mode if your wireless router has the WPS enabled setup. Just check out the guidelines cited below.
- Switch on all the devices. Go to the Control Panel of your Epson XP-830 printer. Tap the Home button. Then opt for the Setup option followed by the Network Settings option. Next, choose the Wi-Fi Setup option.
- Choose the Push Button Setup(WPS) option. You have to go through the instructions on the LCD screen.
- After that, tap the OK button if required.
Well, you can notice a Network icon on the top-right corner of the LCD screen of your Epson XP-830 printer if the connection is successful.
Additional Information Regarding Epson XP-830 Wireless Setup:
If you are using the wireless connectivity of the Epson XP 830 printer for the first time, then this would be helpful for you.
How to Print a Status Sheet About the Network?
You can determine the network status through the simple steps as cited below.
- Tap the Home button on the Control Panel of the Epson XP-830 setup printer.
- Next, choose the Network option. Then proceed with the See Connection Details option. Afterward, tap the Details option.
- Scroll down to select the option named Print Status Sheet. Finally, tap the Start button to start the printing.
You may abort the printing by tapping the Cancel button.
How to Change a USB Connection to a Wi-Fi Connection?
If you want to remove the USB connection and want to connect the Epson XP-830 wirelessly to your computer, then use the steps as instructed below.
- Detach the USB cable from the Epson XP-830 printer.
- You need to uninstall the printer driver.
- Finally, you have to download and install an appropriate driver for your Epson XP-830 from the official Epson website.
Hopefully, the guide was helpful for the Epson XP-830 Wireless Setup.