A Complete Guide On Canon MG2920 Wireless Setup
Canon Pixma MG2920 is a wireless all-in-one printer that allows the users to copy and scan photographs and documents wirelessly. But, to make this printer work, the first thing that you should perform is the Canon MG2920 wireless setup.
If you are unaware of the process to set up your Canon MG2920 printer wirelessly, then go through the below section carefully.
How to Setup Canon MG2920 Wireless Printer?
Here we are going to provide some easy steps through which you can set up the Canon MG2920 wireless printer easily. Just perform them in the same way as being discussed here:
First of all, remove the packing materials and unbox the printer. Then, place the device on a flat surface. Afterward, check if the ink cartridges, power cables are present in the box.
Connect one end of the power cable to the printer and connect the other end to the power outlet. Press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds to turn it on.
Now, connect the other equipment accordingly to their respective slots. Then, install the ink cartridges and load the paper into the paper tray. Afterward, you can run a test print.
The driver software helps the users to connect the printer with the computer. The driver varies according to the OS.
To download the driver, first, visit the official website of Canon and then search for the required driver by using the model number of the printer. Once you get that, download that on the computer and then install it by following the on-screen guidance.
Or, if you prefer, you can also do this by using the CD-ROM that comes with the printer. Insert the CD into the DVD drive and start to install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
Easy Steps for Canon MG2920 Wireless Setup:
After downloading the driver, you can set up the Canon MG2920 printer is several ways. They are:
Method 1: Quick Steps
To connect the Canon MG2920 printer to your computer, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First, connect the printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Setup window appears, choose the ‘Wireless Connect’ option.
- Now, it will start to search for the available network.
- Choose the required network from the list.
- Afterward, you will be prompted to enter the required password.
- The device is now connected to the wireless network.
- Lastly, run a test print to check for the result.
If you face any type of problem while performing these steps, then you can follow the next method stated below.
Method 2: Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup Pin
You can connect the printer to the system using WPS Pin. Here’s how to do this:
- First of all, find out the WPS or Wireless Protected Setup pin at the backside of the printer.
- Press the WPS button and hold it for a minimum of 3-5 seconds using a pointy object like a ballpoint pen.
- Now, the device will print a paper. You will see an 8 digit pin on the printed paper. After that, the device will start to search for the access point for at least 5 minutes.
- Open your favored web browser on your computer and type “http://access_point_ip_ address/” in the address bar. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard. It will start the registration process.
- Go back to the WPS settings page and enter the 8 digit pin to the Registrar. Afterward, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration process.
- To use a computer as a Registrar, you have to register the system to the network in advance. For further information, you can check the instruction manual.
- Now, go to the Start menu and then open the Network section. Afterward, tap on the ‘Add wireless device’ option and select the name of your printer from the list.
- Thereafter, select the required network and then tap on the Next button.
Lastly, you have to make sure that the LED indicator of the printer is flashing with a blue color. It will confirm that the printer is successfully connected to the access point or router. Now, you can run a test print.
Canon MG2920 Wireless Setup without CD-ROM:
You can set up the Canon MG2920 printer without using the setup CD. Here are the steps that you can follow:
- First, connect the computer and the printer using a USB cable.
- Navigate to the Start menu and then type ‘Printers and Scanners’ in the search bar.
- Tap on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option showing as the search result.
- Afterward, click on the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ option from the next screen.
- Now, select the printer that you wish to add.
- Wait for a few times as it will take a few time for installation.
- Complete the further setup process by following the on-screen steps.
- Once you complete the installation process, you are ready to print.
Mobile Printing Guide:
You also can connect the printer with your mobile device. To do this, turn on your printer and then press the Wi-Fi button. Then, download the Canon Print application from the Play Store.
Once the application is installed, open it and tap on the ‘Add Printer’ option and then enter the name of your printer. Afterward, choose the ‘Setup via Wireless router’ as the setup option.
Now, detect the connected devices. Name it and create a strong password to access. Afterward, you can check if the device is detected or not. Lastly, give a trial by running a test print from the Android device.
How to Change Ink Cartridges of the Canon MG2920 Printer?
To change the ink cartridges, first, open the slot of the ink cartridges and then unpack the Tri-color and black ink cartridge. Place the ink cartridges gently into their appropriate slot.
A black dot can change it for the black cartridge and a color dot for the Tri-color cartridge. Once you replace the cartridges, run a test print to check the printing quality.
If you face any error while running the test print, then you can check whether the ink cartridges are properly placed in their slots. You have to set the ink cartridges properly in their slots to get a clear printout.