Brother HL-L2390DW Setup & Installation : Comprehensive Guide
Brother is one of the most well-known printer brands that come up with various incredible features. HL-L2390DW is a famous Brother printer model for rendering high-quality printouts. It is a cost-effective device that you can set up for your office and home use.
If you recently bought this device, then without setting it up you can’t use the printer. Therefore, go through the simple instructions in order to configure the hardware and software of your Brother HL-L2390DW printer.
Learn How to Setup Brother Hl-l2390DW
Here are the steps that should be followed to set up the Brother Hl-l2390DW printer. Make sure you implement the steps in the same order as instructed.
Step 1: Unbox the Brother Hl-l2390DW Printer
In order to initiate the Brother printer setup procedure, you need to unbox the device first. Primarily, take out the printer from the box by removing all the packing materials that are attached to it. Afterward, place the device on a flat surface.
Step 2: Establish the Connection
Next, you have to make the connection properly. Therefore, take the power cord, connect its one end to the printer and another end to the electrical outlet. Turn on the device by tapping on the “Power” button.
Thereafter, open the printer’s front cover and locate the cartridge access door. Open the access door and insert the ink cartridges in its proper location respectively.
Further, invoke the paper tray and place a bunch of the paper inside it. Make sure you use the A4 sized paper.
Step 3: Authentic Driver Download and Installation
After making the connection, it’s time to download the authentic driver for your Brother HL-L2390DW printer.
Go to the Brother official support page and enlist your printer model number as Brother HL-L2390DW printer in the search box. Thereafter, hit the “Go” button to proceed further.
Once you are redirected to the next window, you will find a list where all the required software is enlisted. From the available list, tap on them one by one and hit the “Download” button.
On the other hand, you can also download the printer drivers altogether depending upon the speed and stability of your Internet connection.
Once done, go to the “Downloads” folder and locate the recently downloaded file. Next, right-click on the installer and hit the “Run”/ “Start” button to initiate the installation process. Afterward, stick to the on-screen instructions and complete the installation procedure successfully.
Step 4: Wireless Setup
Before you initiate the connection setup, note down your router’s SSID and password. You might find them at the back of the router. Now, make sure your printer is turned on and go to the Settings menu.
Under the Settings menu, select the “Network” option followed by WLAN. Navigate to the WLAN section and choose the Brother HL L2390dw Setup Wizard. Now, you have to check the status of the WLAN.
If the WLAN option is enabled, then look for the available networks and select your WiFi network from the list. Thereafter, enter the SSID and password when you are prompted.
Now, hit the OK button in order to confirm the login credentials. We hope your Brother printer is connected with the wireless network.
Next, connect your printer and computer by using a USB cable. Make sure your computer has been connected to the same wireless network just like your printer.
These are the instructions that you need to accomplish to complete the Brother Hl-l2390DW wifi setup.
Step 5: Print Test Report
Further, you can print a test page in order to verify whether the printer setup was successful or not. Therefore, try to print a test page by following the underlying instructions.
Open the Test bar and write “Devices and Printers” inside the search box. From the appeared menu, tap on the “Devices and Printers” to initiate the window. Now, choose your printer from the appeared menu and invoke the printer’s “Properties”.
Thereafter, select the General tab. When you access the General tab, you will be prompted with the “Print Test Page” option that pops up on the screen. Simply tap on the option and print a test page.
These are the steps that you need to perform to execute the Brother HL-L2390DW wireless setup procedure.
Frequently Asked Question
What is a Network Key on the Brother Printer?
- Before setting up your Brother printer, you require to locate the access point of your wireless router. For this purpose, you require the Network name (ESSID or SSID) and the Network key (Security code or Password).
Can I Use a Wireless Printer Without the Internet?
- At times, an Internet connection is not required as the hardware controls the communication between the devices on the local network. Therefore, even when web access is inaccessible, Wi-Fi-enabled or wireless printers can be used normally.
Do you need WiFi to Connect to a Wireless Printer?
- Most of the WiFi-enabled printers make use of the wireless network for establishing the connection. Although some devices work with Bluetooth. However, if your printer lacks the WiFi interface, then you will either require a WiFi adapter or connect to the network using another way.
Is AirPrint an App?
- With the help of AirPrint, you can send whatever you want to print from your iOS device to any compatible wireless printer. AirPrint is a built-in mobile printing application that is specially designed for the Apple device.
What to do if my iPad not Able to Find my Printer?
- First, ensure that both the printer and iOS devices are connected with the same network for using the AirPrint application properly. Further, refresh your WiFi connection by opening the iOS Settings menu and hitting the WiFi option. Afterward, click on the green icon and drag it to disable the WiFi. Wait for a while and then enable it again.